We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat Rides

Glen Head, New York
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Topic
Boat Rides

Other than the Henreitta, are there any sort of boat rides or boat tours we can go on? Also, I heard that half of Market Street is a really bad section. Is that true? If so, which section?

As Always, thanks.

coastal nc
Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat Rides

There are the Winner boats in Carolina Beach that have different types of excursoions. I'm not aware of any other boat trips in Wilmington besides the Henrietta.

I'm not sure about the reference about the bad part of Market Street. The middle part of Market is a little bit more shady but there isn't really any tourist type activity in that area. It's not an area that I go out of my way to avoid. I don't like the extremely narrow lanes but that's whole different issue.

NC
Destination Expert
for Raleigh
Level Contributor
747 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat Rides

I can highly recommend Captain Joe who runs Cape Fear Tours. He runs boats out to Masonboro, birding tours, etc. Check out his website here: www.capefearnaturalist.com/destinations.html

He has smaller boat tours (nothing like the big touristy Henrietta) so know that before you call.

We went with him a number of times this summer. He has tons of knowledge about the area and its flora and fauna. He is an easy-going guy and fun to ride with. His tours, at least in the summer, run off of the Blockade Runner dock, but I think he changes it up in the winter, so call him. We may be down there for Thanksgiving and will likely be calling him too to see what he is running this time of year. A very enjoyable way to spend some time and cheaper than buying your own boat!

Wilmington, NC
Level Contributor
350 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat Rides

I would say that the areas of Market that are less than desireable are from New Center drive (on Market)to the rest of the way towards downtown. As far as hotels go. Just like any other city, you have to just be alert and aware.

4. Re: Boat Rides

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 04:15