We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Ideas

Which Wilmington hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
McCordsville...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Ideas

We are looking for several good eating places to take our son before his deployment. Steak, seafood and italian are some of the things he would enjoy.

Wilmington, NC
Level Contributor
345 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Ideas

Well there are a few good places, depending on price point and what ya like. I will give ya options for local places instead of chains. For Italian I'd say Eddie Romanellis on Oleander Dr. or Giorgios at Monkey Junction. Port City Chop House by Wrightsville

Beach is suppose to have good steaks. For the scenic dining at Wrightsville beach is Bluewater grill, Oceanic, Bridgetender, etc. all of them have seafood, steaks, chicken, etc. My Favorite place of the moment is still Indochine on Market St. Its Thai/ asian food, doesnt look like much from the outside, but once u step inside its like your overseas somewhere on vacation, food is awesome and great service. There are also many downtown restaurants, but I havent eaten down there in ages, so you may have to get more tips, or stroll around and check em out yourself.

Wilmington, NC
Level Contributor
88 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Ideas

I have lived in Wilmington all of my life and worked in a lot of restaurants here. These would be my choices. Towards Wrightsville Beach I would suggest Jerry's and The Port City Chop House. Both are quite pricey but excellent food. Although Blue Water, Dockside, The Fish House Grill and the Oceanic have great views their food is not the best at all. For Italian I would suggest Nicola's on Oleander Drive. Downtown Caprice Bistro and Circa 1922, although neither are on the river. Unfortunately the restaurants with the best views have the worst food.

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
293 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Ideas

the best restaurant in wilmington hands down is RUCKER JOHNS..i dont care what anybody says...RUCKER JOHNS tops them all..hands down

4. Re: Restaurant Ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 19:20