We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap but nice hotel for 1 night

london, england
Level Contributor
97 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
cheap but nice hotel for 1 night

hello

need to stay one night in wilmington before travelling down to emerald isle for a vacation.

Need 1 room for 2 adults and 1 child and don't want to spend too much but want a hotel that is not too far from airport and is close to places where we can eat (for dinner and breakfast the next morning).

Hope someone can help

thanks

Wilmington, NC
Level Contributor
354 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap but nice hotel for 1 night

I could recommend nicer places, but if you just want cheap and has a restaurant for breakfast/lunch I would say try Innkeeper hotel on Market St. It has an IHOP restaurant and a super Walmart across the street.( there is also many other dining options in walking distance from this hotel) Well lit for safety. If you get the chance while your here, check out downtown Wilmington's historical disctrict or Wrightsville beach. Both are within 10 min of the hotel.

london, england
Level Contributor
97 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap but nice hotel for 1 night

thank you - we will definitely chedk out the beaches before we move on.

NC
Destination Expert
for Raleigh
Level Contributor
753 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap but nice hotel for 1 night

Don't have any suggestions, but Just want to make sure that you know it is "up" to Emerald Isle, not "down". Down from Wilmington would be Carolina Beach, Oak Island, Myrtle, etc.

london, england
Level Contributor
97 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cheap but nice hotel for 1 night

oh yes - luckily my husband is in charge of map reading!! Thank you for the warning tho - it is my first time in this part of the USA as you can probably tell!!

Western Ireland...
Level Contributor
290 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cheap but nice hotel for 1 night

I received an email from the Holiday Inn Sunpree Resort a few weeks ago about lower rates. I think it was about $112 a night or so, which is great compared to their $400 a night in the summer. Check out their website.

6. Re: cheap but nice hotel for 1 night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 06:21