We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

relocating to nc

Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
153 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
relocating to nc

Hi! My boyfriend and I are staying in Wrightsville Beach for a week in May and wanted to check out some nice towns and neighborhoods in case we ever decide to relocate down there.

Does anyone have any suggestions? (they could also be in SC if theyre not too far from Wilmington. I'd like it to be within 1.5 of a beach. Just a nice town with greenery, people walking dogs, riding bikes, nice houes.. affordable (250,000 max)young couples/famalies were only 25. Thanks!!!

Wilmington, NC
Level Contributor
350 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: relocating to nc

1.5?? As in a mile and a half, or a hour and a half? If your looking right by the beach is very expensive but about 10 minutes away is very affordable housing. Ogden and Porters Neck area is very nice.

Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
153 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: relocating to nc

I meant within 1.5 hour of a beach. Thanks

Also, I gues 250k would be a little high considering salaries in the south are significantly lower. Is it very difficult to find a job that pays 40-50k?

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
74 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: relocating to nc

The Pine Valley neighborhoods are very nice, and the subdivision is very safe for Wilmington. Halyburton Park has a 1.3 mile nature trail that I walk my dogs down, it is beautiful. The houses range from newer to maybe 30 years old. Most are very good sized, but should be within your price range overall. You might also try Bayshore Estates (mapquest Bayshore dr./Market St.) A very nice neighborhood on Wilmington's North side.

Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
153 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: relocating to nc

Thank you very much! We'll def check them out when we come down in May!