We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rent a Ford Mustang in Wilmington??

London
8 posts
Save Topic
Rent a Ford Mustang in Wilmington??

Hi all!

I'm heading to Wilmington from the UK in August of this year and am finding it difficult to find any rental companies who offer Ford Mustangs to hire... or even any convertibles for that matter. We plan on doing a fair bit of driving and what with the beautiful weather down there, we don't want to be cooped up in a normal car.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have tried all the companies online that are based at ILM airport to no avail.

Would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks

Anna

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rent a Ford Mustang in Wilmington??

Did some research for you and it looks like Avis is one company that does rent convertibles.

Do they have them when and where you need it, not sure. I would suggest you contact the Wilmington NC branch of Avis via email and see if they can help you. You may need to look at branch that is not at the Airport. Wilmington is not huge, so it wouldn't be unreasonable to take a cab to another location, or maybe they will make a point to have the car there for you. Convertibles are expensive rentals-they may take extra steps for the higher hire prices.

Have you ever been to the South-Eastern coastal area of the US in August? You may find yourself happier buttoned up in a car with the air-conditioning blasting then with your top down roasting and being fried by the sun. The humidity is intense, and there are a lot of thunderstorms that time of year.

I spend my summer vacations just north of Wilmington in August and it is HOT.

Edited: 06 April 2011, 12:33
London
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rent a Ford Mustang in Wilmington??

Thanks for your prompt response. We're actually flying in on the 29th August for 10 days so will mainly be the beg of September. Will it still be hot then?

I will most certainly contact avis. Thanks again!

:)

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rent a Ford Mustang in Wilmington??

Oh yeah, it will still be hot then!

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
5,995 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rent a Ford Mustang in Wilmington??

Don't forget the bugs.

Hillsborough, North...
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rent a Ford Mustang in Wilmington??

Hertz also lists Convertibles. I believe they have Mustangs or Chrysler Sebrings. Not sure if they are available for your dates but if you fly into RDU instead of ILM they have a much larger rental selection and it is only a little over 2 hours drive to Wilmington

6. Re: Rent a Ford Mustang in Wilmington??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 April 2011, 11:05
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rent a Ford Mustang in Wilmington??

Yeah, good point-if you fly into Raleigh instead of Wilmington, it is a much bigger airport hub and you will probably have a better selection.

Of course, if you are coming into Wilmington and are planning on spending your vacation at the coast, it may not be worth the hassle of the extra time/drive. Depends on how important it is to you.

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
52 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rent a Ford Mustang in Wilmington??

I rented a lot of cars for business, and the Enterprise in Wilmington has Ford Mustang convertibles, but you must reserve ahead of time.

London
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Rent a Ford Mustang in Wilmington??

Thanks everyone. Flight already booked to fly in to ILM so I will have to make do with that they have there.

Carolina Beach...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Rent a Ford Mustang in Wilmington??

Why rent a mustang when you can rent a jeep from Carolina Jeep Rentals? Wouldn't you love to drive on the beach and cruise around in a cool car? Check out www.carolinajeeprentals.com! Right in Wilmington, NC!