We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night for anniversary

hartsville, sc
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Topic
One night for anniversary

We would like to spend one night (anniversary)downtown Wilmington. Suggestions on a good hotel (would really like riverfront) and restaurants.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
60 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One night for anniversary

The truly on "riverfront" places are the Hilton or the Coastline BestWestern Inn... Neither is a great hotel, but the Hilton is definitely a step up from the best western... You may want to look at some B+B's downtown.

There's lots of good restaurants downtown... Fondue place on Front Street (sorry, but I can't remember the name to save the life of me)... George on the Riverwalk (Funky/Eclectic) Rim Wang (Thai)... There's more, but wasn't sure what you were looking for food wise...

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
60 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One night for anniversary

The Fondue Place is called The Little Dipper... If you decide to go here, definitely call for reservations at least by tuesday of the weekend you want to go, and plan on at least 2 hrs to eat... Still a very good time!

Wilmington, NC
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One night for anniversary

Check out Riverboat Landing. They have little private patios overlooking downtown/the river. They are also received Wine Spectator Restaurant Award.

My person favorite is Deluxe. No great "view" but great food and great art.

wilmington, nc
Level Contributor
46 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One night for anniversary

Don't visit the George. Ate there last weekend and it was a real disapointment from past visits. They changed the menu and obviously the cooks. Salmon tasted like cheap Holiday Inn buffet, steak was tough and overcooked, veggies were burnt. Terrible for a meal that was $65 for two people.