We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do for 1 day in Wilmington

Kernersville, North...
13 posts
Save Topic
Things to do for 1 day in Wilmington

I will be in Wilmington for 1 day/night with my 16 year old daughter to tour UNC Wilmington. We will have most of Monday and Monday evening free. I'm looking for something to do that is very inexpensive and to give her a feel of how Wilmington is. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Mechanicsville...
Level Contributor
223 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do for 1 day in Wilmington

I’m not a local, but an experience tourist to Wilmington. Airly Gardens is great and only a few bucks for admission, walking around the riverfront and historic area is free. There is a large community college campus down town your daughter might like to see. Shopping at the Cotton Exchange down town is also free, unless you buy something. Fort Fisher and the Aquarium in Kure Beach is inexpensive and worth the drive. Hope this helps.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,470 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do for 1 day in Wilmington

I agree with the Cotton Exchange area. Also maybe take her to Wrightsville Beach. Let her see how close she will be to the ocean. Carolina Beach and Kure Beach are great too..and my preferred beaches, but Wrightsville is closer.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do for 1 day in Wilmington

The Bellamy Mansion in the downtown historic district is surprisingly well done. Maybe a swing through the campus at UNC-W, lunch at the Bridge Tender, or similar, and a shopping trip to Redix, by the bridge to Wrightsville Beach. The Coton Exchange and lunch on the river would also be nice.

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
52 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do for 1 day in Wilmington

As a Wilmingtonian, I would suggest a carriage ride downtown or one of the historic walking tours and maybe some shopping at Cotton Exchange. Lunch on the Riverwalk at The George or Elijah's. Head over to Lumina Station on your way to Wrightsville Beach for a quick stop and then head to beach, maybe a drink on the Oceanic's pier. Another favorite stop is the Fish House on the ICWW. Stop at Airlie Gardens, which borders the ICWW. I also prefer FT. Fisher and Kure Beach over WB. If you have time, another option is take FT. fisher ferry over to Southport and enjoy lunch or dinner on the water over there.

Hope the visit goes well.

5. Re: Things to do for 1 day in Wilmington

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2015, 07:16