We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend beach trip

Ohio
Level Contributor
12 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend beach trip

I have never been to Wilmington before but will be visiting over Labor Day. I'm staying a mile from Wrightsville beach. Any tips about best beach parking, restaurants or things to see & do? Since I'm there for a short time I want some options for beach time & beyond but will have to choose due to time constraints.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,387 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend beach trip

Restaurants:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g49686-d95…

or possibly South Beach Grill... http://www.southbeachgrillwb.com/

Check the TA reviews.... & what to do; a lot of ideas on TA, Fodor's & other forums...

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,387 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend beach trip

Check out events for your dates:

wilmingtonandbeaches.com/events-calendar/…

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend beach trip

Hi, Wilmington is my home town. What beach are you trying to go to? If Wrightsville Beach(WB) you need to be at the beach and parked by about 9am especially since its a holiday. You also have to pay for parking. They keep raising the parking prices, so I'm unsure of the cost. On the island Trolley Stop is a great hot dog Stan, they have been here forever. Just be prepared to wait in line.

If your going to Carolina Beach(CB), I would say be there and parked by about 10/10:30am.

We have some chain restaurants, but Wilmington has so many individually owned/operated that I think are better. Feel free to PM me about a restaurant.

The aquarium at Fort Fisher is really great. Downtown is a great place to visit. The Battleship is interesting.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
57 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekend beach trip

I will second what SurfingSara says about beach parking. Either way it's going to be painful! The aquarium is a great side trip as well as the Battleship. Just getting out and walking around downtown Wilmington is always fun too.

As for restaurants, definitely skip the chains and go local! One of my favorite spots is K38. It's on Oleander and kind of off the beaten path but definitely worth a visit if you like Tex Mex or just to grab a drink. In Wrightsville Beach I would recommend South Beach Grill for lunch or dinner. Dockside is a great spot with a view for drinks, but the food is just "meh."

Boca Bay is another great restaurant near Wrightsville. I hope that helps!

5. Re: Weekend beach trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2015, 05:17