We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Watch football downtown near convention center

Chapel Hill, NC
Level Contributor
264 posts
158 reviews
Save Topic
Watch football downtown near convention center

Hi There. We will be heading to Winston-Salem this weekend for the Craftsmen Fair at the Convention Center. After we want to stick around the downtown core - walking distance if possible - and catch some college football - and we're not local fans, so it's an out of town game (Nebraska/Michigan) we're looking for. I know about the Fox and the Hound a bit outside of downtown. Anything close to the Convention Center that could meet our desires?

Appreciate any help. Thanks!

Clemmons, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina, Winston Salem
Level Contributor
1,914 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Watch football downtown near convention center

Foothills Brewery or Recreation Billiards, both on 4th St. (one block over from the Convention Center). Rec Billiards is more a true bar--no food served--so if you want food then Foothills is probably the best bet for you.

Chapel Hill, NC
Level Contributor
264 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Watch football downtown near convention center

Kings Crab Shack ended up being a good place - they have 6 tvs over their long bar. Thanks for the other recommendations, the Brewery seems like a nice place too.

Clemmons, North...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,914 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Watch football downtown near convention center

So what did you think of Kings? They are relatively new and I've heard some bad reviews. I'm hoping it was just start-up issues and perhaps they've worked them out by now. Did you eat there, and if so, how was the food?

Chapel Hill, NC
Level Contributor
264 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Watch football downtown near convention center

We didn't eat there, we went to Mooney's. Just love Lebanese food, and coupled with their good ratings, it was a must for us. But the place was pretty busy with a good atmosphere - and this was between 5-6 PM.

Clemmons, North...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,914 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Watch football downtown near convention center

Yep, Mooney's is an excellent choice. Glad you enjoyed your visit!

I plan to try King's soon, so I'll post a review afterwards.

6. Re: Watch football downtown near convention center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2014, 18:16