We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which is best

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
which is best

Hi ,

Thinking of coming in October which is best for nightlife, food & motels close to the center , the choice is Winston Salem , Durham , & Greensboro

thanks

Colorado
Level Contributor
59 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which is best

We prefer downtown Greensboro and Durham. Greensboro has a really nice 'main street' (Elm St.) which has several shops, restaurants, and bars. The Marriott Downtown is a nice hotel pick. Our favorite restaurant for dinner is Table 16 (Chef/ Owner Heath is wonderful), and favorite breakfast spot is Smith Street Dinner. All is in walking distance from the Marriott Hotel.

Good Luck!

Clemmons, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina, Winston Salem
Level Contributor
1,914 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which is best

Hard to say one is better than the others--it depends on your preferences. They all have lots to offer downtown. I can't help with Durham as I haven't been there in a few years, but I know the downtown area has surged recently and they have some great restaurants there. Greensboro's Elm Street area is nice--I do like to visit there--but I wouldn't say it's better than Winston-Salem. Winston has a lot to offer in a compact, very walkable area: bars/pubs, hotels, great restaurants, arts (galleries and performances), interesting shops, and Old Salem is icing on the cake. But if you're not into history then Old Salem may not be your thing, but even so it's a great area just to walk around and laze on a sunny afternoon.

3. Re: which is best

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2013, 10:23