We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wrightsville Vs. Myrtle?

Which Wrightsville Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Archbald...
Level Contributor
43 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Wrightsville Vs. Myrtle?

Hi, travelling to Chapel Hill in Mid June. Never been to NC or SC. Wanted to make a side trip to the beach. (I know Chapel Hill is pretty far inland)

Considering the Outer Banks vs. Wrightsville vs. Myrtle Beach.

From what I gather, Myrtle is the most touristy, Outer Banks is harder to get to, and perhaps Wrightsville is the least popular of the 3.

We have a couple small kids, 4 and 5, so looking for a family friendly place.

Probably only staying 2 to 3 days at the beach.

Any opinions? Thanks.

Lewisville, North...
Level Contributor
271 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wrightsville Vs. Myrtle?

From Chapel Hill, the Outer Banks aren't THAT far away. It all depends on what part of OBX you want to stay around. You can easily go to the Kitty Hawk/ Kill Devil Hills area and find lots for the family to do. Myrtle is very touristy, but if you stay in North Myrtle, it's not quite as bad. Again, lots of things for the family to do. I have never been to Wrightsville Beach, so I can't really express an opinion there.

If I were choosing, I would go to the Outer Banks. It is one of my favorite places in North Carolina (the southwest mountains being my all-time favorite).

Enjoy your trip!

2. Re: Wrightsville Vs. Myrtle?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 03:18
Get answers to your questions about Wrightsville Beach