We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Wrightsville Beach

ny
3 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in Wrightsville Beach

My husband and I have chosen to take our vacation this year in Wrightsville Beach and I am very torn about where to stay so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Right now, we have two options... the Carolina Temple Island Inn (aka Apartments) the week of Aug. 31st (that's right LABOR DAY) and a condo on Sunset Ave the week of Sept. 15th (I know... hurrican season, we are planning on getting traveler's insurance). I don't know much about the Carolina Temple Island Inn... there aren't any interior photos on their website and this always makes me worry. The outside looks beautiful but I've always been taught "don't judge a book by it's cover."

The condo, on the other hand, is rented by Bryant and from the website, looks nice. However, it is a little more than we would like to pay.

Also, can anyone tell me what the beach is like during Labor Day. Is it crazily packed with people on the south end? Or is it moderate?

Help!

Mentioned in this post
Wrightsville Beach
Wrightsville Beach
867 Reviews
Wrightsville Beach, NC
NC
Destination Expert
for Raleigh
Level Contributor
787 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Wrightsville Beach

First of all, I have never stayed at Carolina Temple...only seen the outside, but what I have "heard" is that it is the best bargain on the beach, although it is not for everybody. It is NOT new or fancy...think old beach house that has been well kept. I know people that swear by it and go regularly.

Normally, I would tell you that a holiday weekend would be packed. However, we just got back from two weeks at WB (we have a place there) and it was amazingly uncrowded. We were there over the 4th and, while certainly busy, it was nothing like the Fourth usually is down there. We usually avoid holiday weekends, but had been down the week before and it was fairly empty, so we took a chance and stayed down. Plus, Carolina Temple is at a quieter end of the beach, so you should be fine.

2. Re: Where to stay in Wrightsville Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Wrightsville Beach