We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Suggestions

ohio
Level Contributor
53 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Suggestions

We are leaving for Wrightsville Beach tomorrow. We haven't been there in 10 years. Besides Dockside, what are some good places to eat. Not into fancy, we are traveling with our son, 13.

Also, were thinking of checking out Carolina Beach. Is there anything on the Boardwalk in the way of activities. When we were in Hollywood FL, they had a variety of things to do. Is it worth it????

Thanks!

Western Ireland...
Level Contributor
290 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

We love the K&W Cafeteria, it is located at 3501 Oleander Drive in the New Hanover Center about 10 minutes from the beach. They have great food, and great for kids since the selection is very large every day. I love their mac and cheese, and chicken pan pie, its homemade food at great prices. We get sick of the pizza and seafood after a while and crave home cooked meals. They get very busy at dinner, but don't let the line out the door discourage you it moves very fast. This is not a buffet though,you can see the food and people spoon it on a plate. Check out their website..K&WCafeteria.com. As far as Carolina Beach-don't waste your gas, Wilmington and Wrightsville Beach have everything you need. Check out the ship in Wilimington.

Galax, VA
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

I have been to Wilmington a couple of times. I thought the drive right past Carolina Beach to Kure Beach was kinda neat. There are the cutest colorful little beach houses. We always go to Fort Fisher because we travel with our dog and that beach is pet friendly. Carolina beach has Wings stores, but that is about the only time we have spent there. Now, as for restuarants, we love to eat right before you get to the bridge or right after you go over it going towards Wrightsville beach. It is so cool to eat at the waterway and we always eat outside as the sun goes down. There are a lot of places to shop there too.

ohio
Level Contributor
53 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

Thanks!

Topsail Island
Level Contributor
365 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

I would have to reccomend the Aquarium at the very South End of Carolina Beach.And it is a very relaxing ride and you can also check out the boardwalk in Carolina Beach,Its not like it just to be in its Heyday but there is a Doughnut Place there that was ranked number two in the Nation I think it is called BRITTS Doughnuts.Big Daddys in Kure Beach is very good also.There is an Animal Park on the way to CB too that the kids would love I know I did when I was young.Other than the beach and People watching there is nothing to do at Wrightsville.

5. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 16:20
Get answers to your questions about Wrightsville Beach