We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are mosquitoes a problem in June on Wrightsville Beach?

Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Are mosquitoes a problem in June on Wrightsville Beach?

Does anyone know if there are aggressive mosquitoes (or no-see-ums for that matter) in June on Wrightsville Beach? If yes, is it better to stay near the oceanfront and stay away from the sound side? My little ones are mosquito magnets! I would appreciate any comments.

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
7,378 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are mosquitoes a problem in June on Wrightsville Beach?

Beachfront is always nice because of the breeze. There's not really a sound at Wrightsville, though, but the intracoastal waterway and inlets. I think it really depends. I've had some cottages at the beach (not Wrightsville, but nearby) that were back away from the ocean and the skeeters weren't too bad, but I remember one year they liked some myrtle bushes that were next to one house and were horrible. I would be wary of a house with a lot of big bushes next to it, but beyond that I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
52 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are mosquitoes a problem in June on Wrightsville Beach?

Depends on whether there is breeze or not. There's always a little breeze on the beach.....we also have no-see-ums and green flies, all depends on which way the wind is blowing, if at all. A little Off goes a long way....

3. Re: Are mosquitoes a problem in June on Wrightsville Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Wrightsville Beach