We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather , apartments, schools in Fargo (north dakota

seattle
1 post
Save Topic
weather , apartments, schools in Fargo (north dakota

Hi,

Can some one tell me about the weather conditions, aparments rents, schools for a 2 year and 4.5 years kids.

Thanks in advance.

PS : I may be moving to Seattle to fargo.

Bemidji, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
2,654 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather , apartments, schools in Fargo (north dakota

Can I use the title of a book to illustrate a point?

"Bring Warm Clothes"

Fargo weather is much more variable than Seattle's. Summer high temperatures will occasionally top 100 while winter will bring -40. Being on the edge of the prairie, Fargo also gets wind and summer thunderstorms that are awesome. Other than that, many people really like Fargo as it is a small city with many things to do without the bad traffic of larger cities (I've seen I-5 between Seattle and Everett become a long parking lot).

North Dakota
Level Contributor
602 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather , apartments, schools in Fargo (north dakota

Here's a good link to info in Fargo: www.in-forum.com. Its the local newspaper so rent should be answered with that. I was paying $600 for an attached single garage with a 2 bedroom condo but its was a very nice rental. You can certainly find much cheaper especially if you are OK with a detached garage. Schools are great. Plus we have many private schools too. Fargo is a bit bigger but if you plan on staying and you'd prefer a smaller school, there are plenty of Class B (Class A are the big schools) within easy driving distance of Fargo...I graduated from one with 17 students in my class. And weather has been warm and beautiful and SUNNY here for a number of days but yes we can get cold and snowy in Fargo. Winter tends to feel like it drags on but we don't have 40 below every day...that's the exception, not the rule. Besides its always fun to have a blizzard to get school and work cancelled if you can't drive in and spend the day together as a family!

3. Re: weather , apartments, schools in Fargo (north dakota

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Fargo
Recent Conversations