We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winnipeg to Grand Forks? Options besides by car?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
Winnipeg to Grand Forks? Options besides by car?

Its inconceivable that there is no bus south from Winnipeg but there isn't. Guess there isn't the traffic to support it. I was wondering if there are any other options besides the insanely priced ($150!) shuttle bus from Winnipeg to Grand Forks. I need to get to Pembina, just on the south side of the border so I can pick up my Ebay packages. There must be others that do this. If we grouped together we could vastly lower fuel costs.

15 replies to this topic
North Dakota
Level Contributor
602 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winnipeg to Grand Forks? Options besides by car?

I've heard of none. I've always had to go pick up my Mum in Winnipeg when she traveled Canada by rail. Maybe try posting on Winnipeg's forum to see if you can carpool with someone else for paying part of their gas.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Winnipeg to Grand Forks? Options besides by car?

Ah...you're so right. I posted in the wrong forum!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Winnipeg to Grand Forks? Options besides by car?

Actually most people need transportation to Minneapolis as that's the closet major airline hub to Winnipeg where you'll get great prices out of. You could hitchhike depending on the time of year but it sure would be awful in winter. Then again maybe you'd get a ride faster if they thought you were freezing to death! There is a bus for about $60 from Grand Forks to Minneapolis.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Winnipeg to Grand Forks? Options besides by car?

> Actually most people need transportation to Minneapolis

Maybe they haven't heard of Allegiant! About $65 taxes in from Grand Forks to Florida. Same as Spirit's Minneapolis to Florida fare. Only problem is Allegiant goes to Orlando, not the Miami airport so its not as convenient for connections. So you either take a bus from Grand Forks to Minneapolis or from Orlando to Fort Lauderdale. Something tells me the scenery might be a tad more interesting in Florida. :)

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Winnipeg to Grand Forks? Options besides by car?

I know this post is a long time after the question was asked but finally we have a shuttle from Winnipeg to Grand Forks and return. The cost at time of posting is $60 + taxes one way on specific dates. You can get a better deal if you book a return date. It can be to Grand Forks airport or Columbia Mall or Target Mall. It is www.northernsparrow.com I was searching to try and get our son down for a visit this winter at a reasonable price and the flights from Winnipeg to our location down south are terrible.

6. Re: Winnipeg to Grand Forks? Options besides by car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 January 2015, 17:05

Manila, Philippines
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Winnipeg to Grand Forks? Options besides by car?

Thanx for the info.you have been a great help

Manila, Philippines
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Winnipeg to Grand Forks? Options besides by car?

Can you please tell me where to pick up the shuttle from Winnipeg to Grand Forks.

Regards Dave

Manila, Philippines
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Winnipeg to Grand Forks? Options besides by car?

Winnipeg Shuttle Address.Thanx Again

Minneapolis...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Winnipeg to Grand Forks? Options besides by car?

I tried the northernsparrow website and could not find anything for a one way ticket from Winnipeg to Grand Forks. Any ideas how to get to Grand forks from Winnipeg inexpensively??

Reply to: Winnipeg to Grand Forks? Options besides by car?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Grand Forks