We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xi'an - Out of the box ideas people!

Beijing
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Xi'an - Out of the box ideas people!

Hi all, I am planning to visit Xi'an in October, and have been there for a weekend trip to see the terracotta warriors. Anyone got any parts of the cities, ideas, special things 'off the tourist trek' that you loved when you were in Xi'an? Really value some Xi'an expat input! Thanks all!

Huangdiling Scenic Resort
Ancient Ruins, Cemeteries, Sightseeing Tours
Ankang Xiangxi Cave
Bridges, Sacred & Religious Sites, Caverns & Caves, Sightseeing Tours, Bodies of Water
Ying Hu
Sightseeing Tours, Bodies of Water
H R
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Xi'an - Out of the box ideas people!

I don't know how far out of the box this is, but I enjoyed wandering the Muslim quarter. Also, this is probably firmly 'on the tourist trek,' but I thought renting bikes to ride along the city wall was one of the most fun things I did on that trip.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,930 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xi'an - Out of the box ideas people!

Maybe the Great Mosque, Small Wild Goose Pagoda, Hanyangling, etc.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
43,895 posts
825 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xi'an - Out of the box ideas people!

Al these are nice but just the usual tourist spots.

4. Re: Xi'an - Out of the box ideas people!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2018, 20:18