We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accomadation and tour operators

Which Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
10 posts
Save Topic
accomadation and tour operators

we will be in mount lavina area in late dec 10/ mid jan 11

My husbands cousin from sri lanka suggested that we wait till we arrive to organise tours and accomadation from sri lanka as he feels it would be cheaper.

What concerns me will we be limited to less nicer accomadation due to busy period-as we traveling with our daugheters14 and 20.

Or would it be cheaper and more options if we book directly with our travel agent in australia.

Alos what does A1

thankyou

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
50,628 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accomadation and tour operators

Hi there,

An Oz operator indeed tends to be more expensive than a Lankan operator, as they need to add a margin; there's always a Lankan operator/agent in the chain, only those can book the local hotels.

But the Lankan operators can be contacted from Oz also; no need to wait until you're there, though of course then you have closer contact with the local people and a lot more choice also with midsize and smaller operators.

Large operators mentioned often here in forum are Jetwing, Red Dot, Walkers Tours and Diethelm - just as an initial list.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Sydney, Australia
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: accomadation and tour operators

Thankyou for the quick reply and i just noticed my typing error.

what does A1 stand for.

thankyou

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
50,628 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accomadation and tour operators

Depends on the context. In Lanka e.g. it can mean the local 'highways'; A1 is Colombo-Kandy and A2 is Colombo-Hambantota or is it the other way round...

At your service,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Colchester
Level Contributor
898 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accomadation and tour operators

Or it could be AI, meaning All Inclusive as opposed to B and B or Half-Board.

David.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,380 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: accomadation and tour operators

I am finding it hard to get Sri Lanka travel agents to respond to my requests. I have contacted Reddot Jetwing and Paragon and only Reddot have responded - still waiting on answer from last weeks questions.

6. Re: accomadation and tour operators

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2011, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia