We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hostel in Colombo?

Which Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Hostel in Colombo?

Are there any good/ decent hostels in Colombo? I know there is the new Colombo city hostel coming up- where they had the amazing race last week- but apart from that are there any other good clean hostels? such as in Thailand Khao San road-= where travelers come hang out meet each other and exchange stories/ ideas./ experiences and have a cool place to stay?

Cheers..

Neil

5 replies to this topic
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,089 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hostel in Colombo?

Hi Neil,

Hardly. The main affordable annex backpacker area is Mount Lavinia which is still relatively close to Colombo city centre. Furthermore spread out over the suburbs are a few more options; www.hostelbookers.com and www.go-lanka.com are not that bad sites to get ideas.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hostel in Colombo?

I would also look at http://www.hostelworld.com/

Hans

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hostel in Colombo?

Thank guys.. did go to the colombo city hostel place to check it out.. pretty nice actually most important for me was that the bathrooms were super clean and people friendly... went to Tartaruga in Unavatuna- was amazing .. great little place.. im hunting for budget places for some friends who are coming and my knowledge of the backpacker places is limited.. will update my reviews as I check them out..

Panadura, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
589 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hostel in Colombo?

Also check www.agoda.com as well.

They have many budget accommodation options including home stays even not hostels.

cheers

Tharindu

Dehiwala-Mount...
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hostel in Colombo?

This is a rather old thread, but since others might be interested, I want to inform people that there is an excellent hostel located at No. 457 Galle Road, Colombo 4 called Clock Inn. They offer dorm style rooms for US$20 and private rooms for US$45. The quality of their facilities is nothing less than outstanding and rivals even star class places in Colombo for only a fraction of the price.

This place is a real gem. Take a look their photos:

https://www.facebook.com/ClockInns

Reply to: Hostel in Colombo?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia
Recent Conversations