We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single female Club Hotel Dolphin

Derby
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Single female Club Hotel Dolphin

Hiya

I am thinking about booking 2 weeks at Club Hotel Dolphin as a single female, in Sept.

Will i be safe? I'm pretty chatty so will make friends easily but i certainly don't want to find myself in any difficult situations.

And could anyone advise me on the weather in Sept?

Any infomation would be really helpfull

Thanks in advance

Jo

Tony Tours
Multi-day Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Sigiri Lanka Viaggi
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Multi-day Tours, City Tours
Sherine Tours
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Bus Tours
Exeter
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Single female Club Hotel Dolphin

Hi

My boyfriend and I went to the Dolphin in June, but I have been on many holidays on my own as a single female. I did not see anything that would have worried me about going alone. From what I saw the sri lankans are friendly but not pushy towards women. The only thing is they may think it very odd a woman going on holiday alone. They struggled with the idea that I was not married and always refered to me as Mrs!!

Cannot comment on weather in September, June was delightful supposed to be raining everyday according to the forcast, but we only saw rain twice in two weeks. Very hot in the evening but the air con helps you sleep!

Have a really good time.

Michelle

kent
Level Contributor
873 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Single female Club Hotel Dolphin

Hi Jo JO

While we stayed at The Dolphin last August/September we made friends with a Scottish lady who had travelled there alone, she really did have a great time and always seemed very chatty. She felt very safe and was great company to us and others.

Hello heather if your reading this...!!!

As for the weather when we arrived at the Hotel it was pouring down and this more or less lasted for the 1st 2 days, then we had fantastic weather with the odd short shower.

If you decide to book you have made a good choice...

Have a great time.

Jackie

Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Single female Club Hotel Dolphin

Hi Jo,ive been to the dolphin as a single female 3 times and had no problems at all.I found it was the english that had more questions about why you have gone alone. The staff are so friendly and the dolphin feels like home. The worst time i found was eating in the evening alone but you will always meet people. I was there in June and never ate at night alone but did in the day by choice. Go for it,its great. By the way if your out and about you may have men interested but they are harmless. Anna

4. Re: Single female Club Hotel Dolphin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 14:22
Get answers to your questions about Waikkal
Recent Conversations