We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stray dogs

sidcup
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
stray dogs

hi, im going to the Dolphin next year but am very concerned about some of the reviews about the stray dogs in the hotel. Do they get beaten by sticks by the hotel staff,has anyone witnessed this? On a lighter note, how far a walk is it from the quieter pool up to the noisy pool! is it best to have a cottage around the quiet pool? Thank you.

England
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: stray dogs

Hi there, I stayed at the Dolphin in May and yes there were some stray dogs. They dont harm you and I never saw any of the staff beat the dogs. I was concerned though as they are stray and could carry any sort of disease, so I dont really blame the satff if they do beat them as they are really protecting us the holidaymakers. They come and sit near you on the beach anywhere really where I Suppose they can smell food. I am totally against beating any animal but I think our safety comes first.

I stayed in the main hotel and prefered this to the cottages but all in all where ever you stay I am sure you will havea great tie.

Pete

kent
Level Contributor
848 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: stray dogs

Hi ChrissiebSidcup

We went to the Dolphin last August and had a great time. There are a few stray Dogs which all seemed to gather by the quite pool and you would often see them asleep under the sun loungers. They all seemed very friendly dogs...I never saw anyone being cruel to any of them, i did hear that the staff beat them and if i had witnessed that they would have got the same treatment back....!!! (The staff that is)

If they dont want the Dogs there im sure there are other kinder ways to remove them from the hotel grounds.

SQ7

Dagenham, ESSEX
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: stray dogs

Hi

When we were at the Dolphin in July the staff rounded up a lot of the dogs and they disappeared for a while only to gradually find their way back to the hotel in the following week.

I'm not particularly an animal lover and shooed the dogs away when they came to me. The problem is with the holidaymakers who pet and feed them, this only encourages them to stay around and, as a result they get beaten with sticks.

People should consider how their actions affect others and as animal lovers should think about their actions.

BC

BC

14. Re: stray dogs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 02:20
Get answers to your questions about Waikkal
Recent Conversations