We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spa Treatments in Colombo and Kandy

Colchester
Level Contributor
899 posts
220 reviews
Save Topic
Spa Treatments in Colombo and Kandy

I am a recent convert to spa treatments after a session in Prague following a fairly stressful journey and arrival. Looking for something similar on my arrival in Colombo next week - long flight with six hour stop over in Doha. I want something pretty up-market and have found Santuary Spa in Jaywatta Road and also a spa at The Galle Face Regency. Anyone visited these places and able to report on them? I notice that Sancutary Spa also have a branch in Kandy, at Earls Regency Hotel. As that is where I will be after Colombo, any reports on that would be apprecaited.

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Sigiri Lanka Viaggi
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Multi-day Tours, City Tours
Sherine Tours
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Bus Tours
ASDA Gem & Jewellery
Gift & Speciality Shops
Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spa Treatments in Colombo and Kandy

Hi there....

The Spa at Galle Face Regency wing is very good indeed, not cheap mind with cheapest full body massage at around 75 Dollars PLUS tax!!, also consider the Coconut Spa at Mount Lavinia Hotel, also excellent, but again not cheap, Balinese Full Body Massge is 55 Dollars PLUS tax...

Regards

Dave

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
58,582 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spa Treatments in Colombo and Kandy

No experience with these ones. Sandya recommends the spa at Mahaweli Reach hotel, Kandy. Also top-class and as far as we remember not as high-priced as the ones mentioned, though our experience dates from a few years back...

All the best,

[Sandya] & <Erik>

Colchester
Level Contributor
899 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spa Treatments in Colombo and Kandy

Thanks for the information. The Galle Face sounds very expensive - not much change from Rs.10,000/= once tax is added. Santuary Spa are offering a 2 hour travellers' recovery treatment for Rs.6,000/= plus tax, so think I'll give that a go.

Mount Lavinia is a bit far out for me and with the perpetual Galle Road traffic, I certainly would be in need of a destress massage once I got there and then another when I returned!

Will give the Mahaweli Reach a try in Kandy - it's not my favourite hotel but on the river probably a good setting for a relaxing massage.

4. Re: Spa Treatments in Colombo and Kandy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2009, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Waikkal
Recent Conversations