We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

disappointed - no free beachfront cottages for our stay!

Worcester, England
Level Contributor
269 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
disappointed - no free beachfront cottages for our stay!

Just got a reply from Chandika at Dolphin, that all the beach front cottages are reserved during our stay in August - seems like we are stuck without a sea view! Disappointed is not the word!!!!!

Louise

London
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: disappointed - no free beachfront cottages for our stay!

Well just to let you know we booked our beach front cottage last June and we go in three weeks, there's nothing like last minute planning!! Ha ha Don't let it ruin your holiday I've heard the rooms are very nice too.

Chris

Preston
Level Contributor
89 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: disappointed - no free beachfront cottages for our stay!

We stayed in a delux room in May and it was lovely. we have booked the same for next year , dont be disappointed

Lois

Worcester, England
Level Contributor
269 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: disappointed - no free beachfront cottages for our stay!

we don't have a room in the hotel virgin told us that they were full when we booked and we said we'd prefer the cottages anyway- we still have a cottage booked but not right on the beach front as I'd hoped- destroyed a little bit of my dream but I'm praying someone in one hates them and wants a move so I can have it instead!!!! Ill keep my fingers and toes crossed!

Louise with 9 days to go

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
567 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: disappointed - no free beachfront cottages for our stay!

Don't worry about not getting a beach front cottage - some of the cottages on the 2nd row back have a sea view as well

At least you won't be bothered by the beach boys whilst sat on your terrace!!

Bungay, United...
Level Contributor
208 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: disappointed - no free beachfront cottages for our stay!

hello louise, please dont be disappointed, cottages in the the row behind have great sea views, & its very likely you will hear the sea TRUST ME WHEN I SAY YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME, WISH I WAS GOING MYSELF, regards judith

Worcester, England
Level Contributor
269 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: disappointed - no free beachfront cottages for our stay!

Hi Judith

Thanks for your reassurance, I'm less disappointed today as Chandika has emailed me again and said they will do their utmost to get us in one even if its not on the first night. I am so excited, the days just don't pass quick enough.

Louise

7. Re: disappointed - no free beachfront cottages for our stay!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2010, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Waikkal
Recent Conversations