We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

'oh no not again!'

Preston
Level Contributor
89 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
'oh no not again!'

I have just read about the Dolphin partly closing due to refurbishment, why when I have only 8 weeks to go do I now have the worry that our holiday will not be as fantastic as last year and be limited facilities.

Last year 8 weeks before we had the FIRST CHOICE fiasco and now this.

I think we might got to Blackpool next year , not beautiful at all but less hassle ...............not lol

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
3,621 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 'oh no not again!'

Im waiting for a reply back from the hotel as to how bad the work will be, so il let you know.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
3,621 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 'oh no not again!'

Hi, I have had a messgae back from Club Dolphin this morning, they have confirmed they are starting work on the 1st of May but they wont know the extent of it for a couple more weeks, they are going to email me again when they do.

Fingers crossed it wont be too bad, but they are definatelly closing part of the hotel down to do it.

Preston
Level Contributor
89 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 'oh no not again!'

hi

we too had the same message we go 30th March so hopefully wont be affected

Thanks

Lois

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,925 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 'oh no not again!'

Why not stay somewhere else? Any refurbishment happening while the establishment is still accepting guests is sure to change things to some extent and if this is your holiday for the year . . . . . . . . .. why spoil the acticipation with this apprehension?

Also, how does your quote compare to last year's. Have you received a lower compensatory quote?

Archi

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
3,621 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 'oh no not again!'

The trouble is if a travel company does'nt think there will be enough disturbance to its customers then they wont pay for any changes that you make to your holiday, Thomas Cook had no idea anything was going on, I sent my email from Club Dolphin to TC as proof, now im just waiting to hear back, as to whether they will let me move to another hotel free of charge!

Preston
Level Contributor
89 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 'oh no not again!'

we love the dolphin and are expecting an email back from the general manager about this. We are going over the Easter bank holiday so prices are a little more than last year(not much). we have had this booked for months so it is not that they have only just taken our booking. Everything will work out ik sure

Thanks Lois

Bungay, United...
Level Contributor
208 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 'oh no not again!'

Hi LOIS& MICK, my goodness is it a year since we were there, the beutifull quiet pool area heaven!!!!! .Have been reading the new set of problems you have, as you say your off the end of march so you should get your stay in uninterupped,hope so .we are hoping to return at the end of year 3rd visit nov/dec i hope mind we are off to Mauritius in may so holiday looming on the horizion, did you manage to replace your photos which you lost when your camera went walkabout in Dubai? will be watching this space with great interest lois regards jude60 {judith}

Preston
Level Contributor
89 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 'oh no not again!'

Hi i have private messaged you. we didnt get our photos back but we are looking forward to doing everything again.

Thanks

Lois(and Mick)

birmingham
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 'oh no not again!'

hi

we too are going to the dolphin in july

i have recieved an email from the hotel

after i contacted them they have confirmed

that renovation work will start on the 1st may

that they dont know the extent of the work yet

and that the hotel will be partially closed

i have contacted virgin and told them about

the email i have recieved and they still say that

they carnt do anything untill they hear from the

hotel themselves

they will then decide if they think the disruption will affect us!!

surely its up2 the paying customer to decide wether it will

affect them or not , as i dont want my sri lanka experience to

dampened by disruption .

ian & sharon

Washington
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: 'oh no not again!'

Quote Feb 2nd by moomin21 [Hi, I have had a messgae back from Club Dolphin this morning, they have confirmed they are starting work on the 1st of May but they wont know the extent of it for a couple more weeks, they are going to email me again when they do.] Quote Feb 9th by moomin21 [aliguk you can email them and they will send you confirmation that they are closing half of it down.]

Does this mean that you have further information from the Hotel with regard to closure as so far the Hotel has only said that 'work' is starting on May 1st.

Edited: 10 February 2010, 07:56
Get answers to your questions about Waikkal
Recent Conversations