We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trips

Birmingham, England,
Level Contributor
172 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Trips

I am staying in club hotel dolphin in September with my boyfriend and are interested in visiting Kandy but realise it is quite far away so are there trips on offer that you can do a few places then kandy?

would also like to visit elephant orphanage

Heidi

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
53,033 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trips

Dear Heidi,

Let me introduce you to the Top Questions in the menu to the right. It has a.o.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293961-c122197/Sri-L…

for all day trips. For multi-day trips: most would be tailormade for you by a Negombo agent/driver, ask the hotel desk and beach boys. Also a few local operators might have 'pooling' like every Thursday and Friday a 2-day excursion to Pinawela, Kandy and Sigiriya for whoever books with them.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Tyne and Wear...
Level Contributor
657 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trips

have a look at the tripadvisor reports of club dolphin sometimes on these reports mention is made of trips that have been made and who they were with, also ask the contributors for any information they may have about trips my wife and i stayed at club dolphin on our first trip to sri lanka and i know there are "beach lads " who have a good reputation in that area

England
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trips

We have just come back from the Club Hotel Dolphin and we visited Kandy in a day trip. We left the hotel at 6.30 am and drove to the Elephant Orphanage and then to the Millennium Elephant Sanctuary where we bathed and rode the elephants. From there we went to a Spice Garden, a Tea Plantation, The Botanical Gardens near Kandy, a Gemstone Factory and on to Kandy to visit the Temple of the Tooth. We were finished in Kandy by 5.30 pm and drove back to the hotel getting back to the Dolphin at 9.00 pm. A brilliant day, and well worth the trip. BTW the Dolphin is a great hotel.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
53,033 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trips

Yes and as your itinerary shows it was extremely packed. That is why in the FAQ story mentioned we recommend doing either Pinawela or (if people really want so) Kandy as a day trip. Combining both as you've done is doing esp. Kandy not the justice it deserves, it's like it-is-3-pm-so-this-1-hour-is-for-botanical-gardens :-(((

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Northampton
Level Contributor
42 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trips

Have a word with the lads at Asda (go to beach from hotel by the quiet pool turn right) they will tailor you a trip either 1 or 2 days dependent on your requirements. We have been to Dolphin now 4 times they are probably the most cost effective, ask for Brian, Thamal or Hari.

England
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trips

Yes it was a jam packed day and pretty exhausting, but we will be back and next time we can go direct to Kandy and spend much longer there exploring. Can't wait - such a beautiful country.

7. Re: Trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 August 2012, 16:05
Caterham, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Trips

I have been 3 times to CHD and going back for a forth on 17th September. We used a chap called Raj who owns the Canal Garden Restuarant which is just outside the hotel and turn right. We found him very good but appreciate that everybody has their own opinions on this. We did a 2 day trip which included an overnight stay in Kandy. This also included the temple of the tooth, dumbulla caves, tea plantation, elephant orphange, safari and elephant ride. Cant quite remember the price but was well worth it!

County Tipperary...
Level Contributor
354 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trips

Can anyone give me asda tours email addy?

Thanks a million.

County Tipperary...
Level Contributor
354 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trips

can anyone recommend somewhere I should take my 5 year old daughter to apart from the elephant orphanage? perhaps I could combine it with the elephant orphanage?

Get answers to your questions about Waikkal
Recent Conversations