We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Bungalow??

Which Wadduwa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
northampton
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
The Bungalow??

hi, can someone enlighten me. i'm soon to return to the blue water and i must admit that i religiously read the reviews that people put on. i have read one today where someone went to THE BUNGALOW in the hills

can you book to go or do you have to be invited can anyone shed some light on this please.

it is my husbands birthday while we're away and that sounds a perfect treat but i can't find where to find out about it

many thanks fiona

Colchester
Level Contributor
898 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Bungalow??

There are lots of bungalow retreats in Sri Lanka of varying quality and prices. Is it one particular bungalow you want to go to and if so do you know roughly where it is?

Otherwise, as I said, lots to chose from. The ultimate is, of course, Tea Trails, not one but four former planters bunglows near Hatton. Have a look at their website and the reviews on TA to see what I mean when I say the ultimate. Expensive but worth every penny. A very recent discovery, also bungalows, is also in a tea estate setting but at Haputale, called Kelburne Mountain View Cottages. Quite the most stunning views I have ever encountered in Sri Lanka over more than twenty years. Also recently visited and about an hour from Kandy, is Rangala House, another planter's bungalow with just three rooms and a very home from home feeling which comes from the British owner, who is resident. All these places have websites and if it were my birthday, I'd be delighted to go to any one of them.

kalutara
Level Contributor
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Bungalow??

HI Fiona,

have a look here r some THE BUNGALOW in the hills

1) Blackwood view Bungalow in Haputale

2) Spring acre Luxury Bungalow in Nuwara Eliya

3) Colonial Bungalow in Nuwara Eliya

4) Kothmale Holiday Bungalow

5) Holiday Bungalow in Nuwara Eliya

6) High Carin Bungalow in Bandarawela

northampton
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The Bungalow??

hi, i don't think i made myself very clear when asking about THE BUNGALOW it is linked with the blue water hotel?

can anyone shed any light on this?

Colchester
Level Contributor
898 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Bungalow??

Fiona, your last post has stirred some very distant memory of seeing details of a bungalow connected to a beach resort hotel and it could well have been Blue Water. This was over five years ago and I cannot be certain that it was this hotel but my inclination would be to contact them directly and ask them about it.

Sorry I can't be more definite.

David.

Caersws, Powys...
Level Contributor
7 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Bungalow??

Hi

The bungalow that I think you are refering to is called Glenross and it seems to be connected to the Blue Water Hotel and you get invited to stay there.

Muscat Governorate...
Level Contributor
212 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Bungalow??

Yes it is Glenross. It is a sister property of Blue Waters and is located also in Kalutara but more inland from the town itself. (I.E. it is not a tea plantation bulgalow but a rubber plantation bungalow)

Some nice pics here:

reddottours.com/460/glenross-accomodation-pr…

7. Re: The Bungalow??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2010, 05:16