We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Back One Great Holiday.

Strabane, CO.Tyrone
Level Contributor
100 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Just Back One Great Holiday.

Just returned from 18 days at Royal Beach Barcelo, Sunny Beach.Will start with flight with Wizz Air from London Luton on 8/8/10 no delays flight around 3hrs 10mins great service on board aircraft very clean,on arrival at Bourgas was met with our private transfer which was arranged with the owner of the apartment which we had rented.This return transfer was 110 Lev. No complaints here nice big clean people carrier for both journeys. We had rented a one bedroom apartment in the Royal Beach Complex which is ideally located in the heart of Sunny Beach. The apartment was very spacious and had everything you could wish for we were on the 5th floor.There is a seperate check in desk which is to the right when you enter the Hotel lobby.Again no problems here.Pool towels are not supplied for private renters and if you want to rent them they will be 10 Lev per day. Buy your own ,towels are everywhere and range in price from 10Levs to 25 Levs. Royal Beach has 3 wonderful pools one tip though the sunbeds are booked very early and if you are not down before 9am you will have problems getting a bed although I am referring to my stay which was peak season and the Hotel appeared to be full.Cannot comment on the food inside the Hotel as we did not eat there as there was such a variety of resturants about the resort. Attached to the Hotel is a KFC and a pub called the Red Lion. Ate in both of them and both were very good example prices were in the KFC 3 piece meal and 3 piece strip meal 18 Lev. We had the Sunday Lunch in the Red Lion which was excellent and cost 22 Lev per person this included a sweet and a glass of wine or a small beer. We also ate at the poolside bar where a pizza and 2 glasses of wine were 22 Lev again the food here was very good.Drinks at the Hotel were a bit more than what you would pay at other places again a beer cost 4 Lev glass of wine 7 Lev and soft drinks 3 Lev. After all this is a 5 star resort so prices wiil reflect this. The Shanghai chinese resturant also within the complex was also very good and again two meals with a large beer and a coke were 25 Lev. We were getting 2.34 Lev to the pound for most of ou stay.I will mention another couple of resturants that we visited and are continually getting good reviews,the Eagle resturant across from the complex was 36 Lev for Sirloin steak ,Pizza one beer and two coke was not that good so only ate one evening in it although it was always very busy. One place I would definately recommend was Marmacitas a Mexican resturant on Flower Street great food and drink expect to pay around 55 to 70 Lev we liked it so much we ate there three nights.Food and drink plentiful about the resort beer from 0.89 Lev but expect to pay around 1.50 to 3.50 depending where you are.But hey that is still cheap and the beer is very good either Zagorka or Kaminentza. Thats enough on food and drink. The beach is wonderful and the sunbeds are 7 Lev each and 7 Lev for a parasol, plenty of watersports and food to be had from sellers on the beach. Fake designer clothing everywhere along with watches and jewellery, mostly japanese and of good quality and very cheap.There are 3 resort trains running in different direction and they are 3 Lev per person per journey a good way to see about the other parts of the resort.We also visited Neesbar which is very nice with some nice resturants etc, take the bus it is only 1 Lev. Had a wonderful time and will definately be going back, If I can answer any questions please post ,So go on have a wonderful time never saw rain and the tempature was over 30 every day.

Nuneaton, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
7,862 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Back One Great Holiday.

Glad to hear you had a good time and your informative report most welcome.

See the Red Lion hasn't got any cheaper for it's meals, 22 lev is pricey for one person, but, there again i don't tend to eat English when I'm there.( Back on friday for 2 weeks )

Thanks

Toonman

morpeth...
Level Contributor
128 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Back One Great Holiday.

Hi Toonman

we are staying at the royal beach barcelo in a rental apartment. can you tell us of any good bars and cheap restaurants around this location?

we will be there on 11th September for 2 weeks and cant wait but we are on a tight budget now.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Back One Great Holiday.

Hi toonman i am here now and i went to the meet in the condor bar lasnight welshlady is a lovely woman there was atleast 15 couples that all met there at 7.30pm vodka is 2.50lev for 100mls and small bott coke .. My family and i ate in the condor restraunt prior to the meet the food wasnt great the kids had chicken curry it was sweet korma style , the oh had chicken julien, and i had chicken skewer all in was 65lev but the worst was that we have all been very sick so give the condor restraunt a second look hping to meet welshlady again tonight

North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
7,113 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Back One Great Holiday.

Good to meet you last night Predator2, sorry to hear you've all been sick...get well soon. We had a good night, ended up in Tonys Karaoke bar til about 3am. Great meeting everyone. See you later.

zipstobhill...try the restaurants in the market area, on the opposite side of the main road from Barcelo.

Nuneaton, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
7,862 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Back One Great Holiday.

Hi Guys, Glad to here you had a decent meet. Sorry about the food, I prefer the one opposite FAR A.

One more night and we'll be joining the party. Leave some ale for us.

Toonman

County Durham
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Just Back One Great Holiday.

just reading your imfo and we are hoping to go next year. Struggling to find fligts taht are cheap or released for next August though.

Someone did tell me about wizz air just doesn't go far enough yet.

Do you need jabs to go?

Is it very busy in sunny beach....

We thought of nessedar or one of the smaller towns on the outskirts.

What is the water park like?

Have been looking at owners direct in appartments so will keep hunting.

Thanks

RAchel

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just Back One Great Holiday.

Great trip report, thanks for sharing..

Ireland
Level Contributor
341 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just Back One Great Holiday.

Hi.

I'm not long back from the Majestic myself and I was thinking of renting privately at the Royal Barcelo next year. Would you recommend it? Also are the towels €5 a day for each towel and is there a safe in the apartments? Would also like to know please how often the apartments are cleaned and how often are towels provided, if at all.

Thanking you in advance

Helen

Strabane, CO.Tyrone
Level Contributor
100 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just Back One Great Holiday.

Firstly the towels are 5euro or 10lev per towel per day, there is a safe in the apartment at no extra cost. The rooms are cleaned once per week, linen and towels changed, if you require further cleaning etc this can be arranged with the hotel cant remember the rates but it was quite expensive for extra cleaning, the apartment we were in had a hoover etc for our own use if we needed it. Royal Beach is an excellent resort with great pools etc and it has a fantastic spa. It is also very central and worthy of 5 stars. The private apartments are very large and are a great choice as you have all the hoteel facilities around you and of course the shopping mall is there to, I will definately be going back there next year.

Ireland
Level Contributor
341 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just Back One Great Holiday.

Thank you for getting back so soon

Helen

Get answers to your questions about Sunny Beach