We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Balkan Holiday Flight Prices

Which Sunny Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
aberdeenshire
Level Contributor
163 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Balkan Holiday Flight Prices

For anybody who have not booked there holiday flights yet, it might be worth taking a look on the balkan holidays website.

Reason being, I booked our flights in Feb at a cost of £562 for 2 adults flying from Aberdeen to Bourgas on 18th June. I would now be able to get them for £368. Very frustrating and when i phoned Balkan i was told it will cost me £140 to cancel and rebook. I will have a saving of £54 in the long run.

Don't know if it's because of the departure airport and they are trying to get "bums in seats" , but certainly worth a look.

Avie

Nuneaton, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
7,736 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Balkan Holiday Flight Prices

Avie, We looked at Balkan for 1st week in Sept and price came up £318 EACH from East Midlands.

Toonman

fife
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Balkan Holiday Flight Prices

Avie,

This will be our 7th time to Sunny Beach,last year we stayed at Hotel Grand Oasis b/b brilliant.

We have allready booked early this year going to smaller hotel Orpheus as we secured a free child place for grandson. 4/7/2011.

Airport prices well worth a look in future.

frankobhuoy

aberdeenshire
Level Contributor
163 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Balkan Holiday Flight Prices

I've been pricing September also Toonman, and am just going to take the chance and wait till later before i book.

Sept coming in at £598 for 2 adults. It's crazy ;-)

Avie

North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
6,509 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Balkan Holiday Flight Prices

Prices Ive seen from Manchester are much higher this year. Ive just booked a Thomson's flight on 29th August for 2 weeks, £271.98 per person(up by £20 in the last 2days) ...this was £70+ cheaper than Balkan and they are day flights.

I am still looking for a flight end of June for 3weeks, cheapest Ive seen so far is £334.50each

aberdeenshire
Level Contributor
163 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Balkan Holiday Flight Prices

Must definitely be a "bums in seats" from Aberdeen. Concern now is that if the flight isn't full we will have to divert via Newcastle which is so annoying (diverting that is - not going to newcastle lol).

Time will tell ..... :-)

Avie

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Balkan Holiday Flight Prices

Booked in March for two weeks in July to Sunny Beach from East Midlands paid £608 for two of us.

Seats are now going for £398 for two. So frustrating, but if we had waited you can bet we wouldn't have got seats.

Edited: 14 June 2011, 01:50
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
459 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Balkan Holiday Flight Prices

We flew Balkan and got back yesterday.

Spoke to a couple at the airport ( Bourgas ) and they paid £161 return each from Manchester on a last min jobbie.

It seems Balkan set there prices too high and have been reducing prices the last few weeks. If you need a Specific date then youve got to book but if you can go anytime there are bargins.

The flight with balkan was superb both ways without any major dealys. 15 mins late coming back. Staff were great.

Burgas, Bulgaria
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bansko
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Balkan Holiday Flight Prices

Balkan holidays seem to have completely lost the plot with their flight only prices this year....much more expensive, I booked Glasgow to Bourgas first week in August yesterday with www.charterflights.co.uk for 82GBP plus 12GBP for 20kg luggage, price included all taxes!.

Also booked Bourgas to Glasgow yesterday for the last week of July with www.flythomascook.com and price was 119 GBP and 13GBP for 20kg luggage, inc all taxes.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
59 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Balkan Holiday Flight Prices

I assume this is only on flight pricing as my holiday price has gone up 70 quid since I booked in Jan.

Burgas, Bulgaria
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bansko
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Balkan Holiday Flight Prices

yes its their flight only prices I am talking about, last year they were really competetive but this year they are much more expensive for flights on the same routes as last year

Get answers to your questions about Sunny Beach