We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spending money

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Topic
spending money

I am staying all inclusive for 2 weeks but i am still taking around £700 pound spending money as i still would like to eat out a few times and go to the water park/ khans tent/ boat trips ect. This money is for me and my 8 year old son. Will this be enough?

Cheers

Nichola

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
461 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: spending money

Hi

YES ! more than enough. I will be taking that for the two of us and we are self catering.

Remember there are FREE buses to and from the Waterparks look out for the stops. Also dont accept any fruit from the walking street sellers they wont let you go and charge stupid prices.

Have a good trip

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: spending money

Thankyou for your reply.

I am so glad this is going to be enough i was really paniking that it wouldnt be. thankyou fot letting me know about the free buses as i didnt know about this,

Have you any idea of the food and drink prices? iv heard its cheap but still dont know how cheap.

Level Contributor
204 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: spending money

Hi Nicki 700 is enough it's had to judge the prices as they are different where you go but I will tell you roughly what I paid for dinner and drinks last year there was myself partner and 2 kids and we wer around 40 levs per day for breakfast lunch and dinner and give or take 20 levs for beer so about 60 levs all in for 4 of us well maybe a bit more on beer it's very tasty you know lol hope this can give you a bit of help

Camlachie_Boy

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,461 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: spending money

Nichola

Just as a guide I think 10 levs = approx £4.40 GBP.

Is that about right Camlachie_Boy?

Its a wee while since I have used the lev!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: spending money

40-60 levs for 4 of you for your meals for the day?? god thats bloody cheap.

Yes this has helped alot thankyou and hopefully i will come home with plenty of money then aswell, which is always a bonus

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: spending money

well that sounds about right to me, I have been told to just halve the lev n it will be about a pound. so like 5 lev would be about £2.50 1 lev is about 50p and so on.

Level Contributor
204 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: spending money

Yes goodtotravel that about right to me

Camlachie_Boy

DUNDEE
Level Contributor
209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: spending money

nikki thats plenty money and you will still be able to do shopping for bags pressies etc xxx

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
461 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: spending money

Hi

A member has just posted that last friday Crown exchange were giving 2.11 lev to the £1. so £10 will give you 21 lev.

10. Re: spending money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 05:17