We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Around Sunny Beach???

Newcastle
Level Contributor
169 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Getting Around Sunny Beach???

Hi, I just wondered if any one could tell me how easy it is to get around Sunny beach? If I want to go to Nessebar/Water Parks or a little further afield how easy is it to travel? Buses etc. Also, about the 'Taxis' that you shouldn't get in, which ones should I look out for? Thanks x

North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
6,943 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting Around Sunny Beach???

The local buses are great for getting around, easy to get to Nessebur in one direction or to Sv Vlas in the opposite direction. Cost last year was 1lev. You pay the conductor on the bus, make sure they give you a ticket. Just be careful as these buses get very crowded and pickpockets operate on the buses very often. From the main bus station in Sunny Beach you can get buses further afield to Bourgas, Sozopol, Varna etc.

Taxis all over the resort, just check and agree a fare before you get in. They will usually quote a higher price but will reduce the price if you haggle or walk away.

Free buses run to the waterparks,

Newcastle
Level Contributor
169 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting Around Sunny Beach???

Great thanks. Will be sure to use your helpful tips for travelling around the resort. One question.. Do the buses take Prams/Pushchairs as I will have my baby daughters pram with me when I travel. Thanks x

North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
6,943 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting Around Sunny Beach???

No problem, just get on the bus using the middle doors, there is a space there with no seats. Always see pushchairs there.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
169 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting Around Sunny Beach???

Great Thanks xx

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
459 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting Around Sunny Beach???

Hi

In Sunny Beach resort you can get the 'Noddy Train' which run around, there are also horse drawn carriages or you can rent a bike. Please dont rent an electric scooter I HATE THEM LOL you will see why when your there.

As WelshLady has said Buses are cheap but do fill up. Taxis are plentiful BUT sort the price before you get in and dont let them use the meter ( as more expensive ). There are Boats that run from Sunny Beach, Beach to Nessebar which is worth doing BUT are not pram friendly.

Have a good trip.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
169 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting Around Sunny Beach???

Thanks, i'll bear the tips in mind :) x

dublin,ireland
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting Around Sunny Beach???

HI Kirsty

The buses for the water parks stop every 15 mins at the main bus stops there will be reps from both parks at the stops giving out information and hand outs. the buses are free and you have 2 options the full day option or the half day option which is cheaper and you still have time to enjoy all the slides in the park and found no problem getting beds at the parks in the afternoon and this is in July/Aug. Security is good as you can put your bags in lockers and money in safety deposit boxes and you get a tag going in that you can put money on for geting food/drinks etc.

Joc28

Newcastle
Level Contributor
169 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting Around Sunny Beach???

Thanks Joc28, relief to know we won't have to carry any money on us. & as for the half day/full day option, I think we will probably do both at some point through out the holiday, but there is also other things we are interested in doing so hopefully shouldn't need to do this one water park twice. Thanks again.

Also, good to know we can get buses locally and easily.

However, do you know about prams in the water park as my daughter will be in her pram and I don't know where to store it when we are in the park or will I have to push her round in it and just leave it if we are in the pool?

Thanks

dublin,ireland
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting Around Sunny Beach???

Hi Kirsty

Its not something i really paid attention to as my kids are older but i think you will have to bring the pram with you, at the back end of the waterpark is a very good kiddys pool area with climbing frames and slides and plenty of sunbeds around the pool

Joc28

10. Re: Getting Around Sunny Beach???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2012, 19:17