We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

exchange rate in sunny beach

dublin
Level Contributor
55 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
exchange rate in sunny beach

Anyone who has been over there this year able to tell me how much lev i will get for €1? just checking to see should i change money before i go or wait till i get over there!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
459 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: exchange rate in sunny beach

Hi

The lev is fixed to the Euro rate ( which means it doesnt change ) and has been set at 1.95 Lev to the Euro.

The £1 to the Euro can and does change.

Therefore it doesnt matter where you exchange BUT you might get charged a conversation fee so keep that in mind.

North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
7,235 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: exchange rate in sunny beach

Never been charged a CONVERSATION fee, Maverick,lol but in Crown or String exchange its no commission so you'll get 1.95lev to 1Euro

dublin
Level Contributor
55 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: exchange rate in sunny beach

thanks guys!

Ireland
Level Contributor
136 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: exchange rate in sunny beach

IS it 1.95 this year? Are you sure? All last year it was 1.93 for the euro....

However as said only use the legit ones such as crown and string.

Another thing worth noting is the time when changing money, last year during the day it was always 1.93BGN for €1, but once the sun went down around 9 or 10, the exchange rate drops to 1.90BGN, okay it's only small but I'd rather have it in my pocket!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
459 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: exchange rate in sunny beach

Hi

Darren the official rate is 1.95590.

As you've pointed out you were getting different rates during the day 1.90 - 1.93. That is the exchange people making a profit !

There's no law against you charging any rate you wish but anything less than 1.95 is there mark up.

Welshlady well done for spotting my deliberate mistake. However we were talking about money Lol :-)

6. Re: exchange rate in sunny beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2012, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Sunny Beach
Recent Conversations