We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just got back

redcar
Level Contributor
556 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
just got back

stayed hotel fenix was fantastic ,sunny beach still great value the normal places still good value eg malinas .condor ,billys bistro grandmas kitchen was fantastic as well .Two new places we tried this year near the hotel were the lansdowne and the bansko both cheap and great food .SUNBEDS on beach 21lev with parasol all day ,nice too see the blike taxis banned from the main strip ,only gripe amount sex shops popped up all over the resort ,drink and food still very cheap

Edited: 13 June 2011, 22:12
North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
6,925 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: just got back

Welcome home Lizzym and pleased to see you had a good holiday. I assume 21leva was for 2sunbeds and parasol...same price as last year then.

manchester
Level Contributor
407 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just got back

is it possible to pay for a parasol and just use lilos or towels or would u still have to use the free area ?

Nuneaton, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
7,810 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just got back

Glad you had a good time Lizzie and thanks for names of recommended restaurants.

Toonman

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
459 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: just got back

Snap got back yesterday.

Didnt see you lizzy :-(

Weather went a bit daft the last couple of days ( weekend ) cloudy heavy rain red hot. As Lizzy said noticed sex shops popping up. In my opinion not as busy as this time last year, seems to be more Russians. Eight flights to Moscow surrounding ours to Manchester.

Condor Bar still great ( thanks Girls ) current promo's 100ml Vodka & bottle coke 2.80, two large beers and nuts 2.80. 100ml Vodka and can red bull 5 leva still good prices.

Djanny's food still great , still busy every night.

Grandmas Great food ( didnt try the belly buster )

Current exchange at Crown £1 = 2.13 Euro 1.91 ( Monday 13th am)

redcar
Level Contributor
556 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: just got back

u can pay for a parasol and put ur lilos or towels either side think its 7 levs ,and u can still use the free area ,when we got on the plane saturday maverick it was shotting down glad u had a good time as well x

manchester
Level Contributor
407 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: just got back

ah good , dont wanna pay for sunbeds for kids they never use them , did yours go on banana boats etc... if so what were the prices like ? god i seem tight but last time i took the stepdaughter away she managed to spend £300 and that was all inclusive !!!!

redcar
Level Contributor
556 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: just got back

banana boats think cost 15 levs each i never went on them daughter and hubby did ,where are u staying mancnic?

manchester
Level Contributor
407 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: just got back

grand oasis in an apartment tho , cant wait ive never been sunny beach only golden sands (3times) but it was 2006 last time i went x

united kingdon
Level Contributor
36 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: just got back

Hi glad you enjoyed your hols, could you tell me the exchange rate when you were there pls? we go in July and need a rough idea, thanks in advance Di :-)

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: just got back

Hi on Friday the exchange rate at crown was 2.13