We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Balkan holidays what is going on?

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
781 posts
Save Topic
Balkan holidays what is going on?

As some may know from my previous posts Balkan hols have been messing us about,anyway we are hoping for a refund so we can rebook another holiday to sunny Beach. I looked at our original flight but it is booked but there is another 2 days later and it says in the Errata (changed conditions)

Please read carefully the Errata for this booking...

Errata: Description:

General: "Our deposit has now changed to £70 per person. This offer applies to new bookings only and may be withdrawn at any time"

Please note that our return coach transfer is now pre-bookable for passengers booking a RETURN FLIGHT ONLY.

For arrivals to Bourgas Airport the transfer will be to and from Hotel Kuban in Sunny Beach and for arrivals to Varna Airport it will be to and from Hotel Shipka in Golden Sands.

I confirm that I have read and agree to the Errata(s) for this booking.

I confirm that I have read and consent to the terms set out in Balkan Holidays Summer 2011 or Summer 2012 booking conditions, holiday information and data protection policy.

Now, I am up to high dough as it is but does this mean you will be kicked out at the hotel Kuban and make your own way to your hotel/apartment and then have to make your own way there for your return transfer??? They have also doubled the price of the ''low deposit'' that they had splattered all over there website! I was a transfer rep for Grecian/Olympic holidays years ago and have never heard of just one mass pick-up,drop off can anyone shed light on this? With double touchdowns,over-bookings and now this I really wonder what is going on, (a very worried) Tinkla X

redcar
Level Contributor
556 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Balkan holidays what is going on?

yes tinkla they will drop u at hotel kuban and pick u back up from there then u have make ur own way too ur accomodation seems bit daft coz if ur staying no where near there ud have get taxi too ur accomodation hope u sort ur money back (check if thomas cooke are flying on ur dates)xx

Edited: 09 July 2011, 22:27
Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
781 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Balkan holidays what is going on?

Thanks Lizzy :) With all the stress lately I thought I was reading it all wrong,hence the cut and paste from the website! I think that would be so stressful for people with families,especially with wee ones and buggies or people in wheelchairs etc Thats a good heads up as I would rather get a private transfer and go straight to our accommodation than get dumped in a strange place,tired from the flight,grumpy teenager in tow and then get ripped off by a taxi driver( as they do,when they see a bewildered first timer! )

We have been loving your great posts,really informative and up to date news :) Hope you have a fab time in Zante Tinkla :)

redcar
Level Contributor
556 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Balkan holidays what is going on?

thank u and let us know plz what happens with balkan xxx

blackpool
Level Contributor
183 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Balkan holidays what is going on?

hi tinkla

i have booked with balkan and have coach transfers too...on my booking it says

From Bourgas

Arrival Details: BGH5512 TBA

To Grand Hotel and Apartments Oasis

i assume i am going to be ok ?

where does it say they will drop you at the kuban i cant see anything on the web site ..or have they changed my details and i cant find anything about that ?

im going sept the 16th this year ?

thanks warren

uk
Level Contributor
163 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Balkan holidays what is going on?

Tinkla sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your holiday booking. If you are booking a flight only with Balkan and arranging accommodation seperately then Balkan like other compainies/airlines do not include a transfer as it's not a package holiday. They do offer transfers as an extra for people booking flight only and i think this is the one you have quoted with the drop off at the Kuban Hotel. The other option would be to book a private transfer independently direct to your hotel. I hope you manage to get things sorted out and enjoy your holiday.

Skokomish if you have booked a package holiday then your transfer will drop you at the hotel you booked. The quote above refers to their transfer for flight only bookings.

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
781 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Balkan holidays what is going on?

Thanks Al for clearing that up,that does make sense now,with all the hassle I am not thinking properly! Sorry Skokomish if I gave you a fright,I am glad it is all going to be good for your transfers.

We should hear whats what with Balkan tomorrow,we sent the email yesterday and the pre departure dept probably keeps Mon-Fri office hours fingers crossed we will get it sorted out and can start to look forward to our holiday,thanks for all the help guys :-) Tinkla

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
781 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Balkan holidays what is going on?

HAPPILY THE COUNTDOWN IS BACK ON :) :) :)

Thank you everyone for all your advice and support I can now happily report that Balkan have sorted us out now. We are going to Sun Village and although it was slightly higher in price from our original booking they are not trying to try and squeeze any more pennies out of us! What a relief that the sinking feeling has gone and I can now start to pack only 4 sleeps!!!! Thanks again guys for all the kind messages ( a very happy) Tinkla X

teesside
Level Contributor
187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Balkan holidays what is going on?

great news have a fab time 14 days for us on the count down now

redcar
Level Contributor
556 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Balkan holidays what is going on?

Glad u got it sorted tinkla enjoy urself xxxx

uk
Level Contributor
163 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Balkan holidays what is going on?

That's great news Tinkla, have a wonderful holiday.

Get answers to your questions about Sunny Beach
Recent Conversations