We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bulgaria or turkey ?

norwich
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
bulgaria or turkey ?

Hi, we normally go to Turkey (olu deniz and Hisaronu) but after 7 years, want to try somewhere else, heard that Bulgaria is nice but only see sunny Beach advertised, are there any nice areas other than this?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
459 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bulgaria or turkey ?

Hi

YES plenty of other areas. Golden Sands ( City VARNA ) is further North and very similar to Sunny Beach. There are also more smaller, quieter areas with beach resorts. Also great areas in land with rolling hills and mountains.

It all depends on what you are looking for.

Hope this helps

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bulgaria or turkey ?

nanny2them

We have been lots of times to Turkey and Bulgaria and love them both.

Maverick has mentioned Golden Sands which is our favourite resort in Bulgaria. We love it there and travelled many times with Balkan Holidays so have a look at their brochure for ideas. Golden Sands is smaller than Sunny Beach and quite a lot of accomodation is slightly uphill. If you decide to visit Golden Sands be careful that you dont have to fly into Bourgas rather than Varna. If you are lucky and can get a flight to Varna then its a short transfer maybe 45 mins to your resort. Sunny Beach on the other hand can take up to 3 hrs coach transfer from Bourgas. Personally I think Sunny Beach is more geared up now to 18-30.

Loved Ovacik/Hisaronu/Olu Deniz this year!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bulgaria or turkey ?

Hi again nanny2them

Just an afterthought - maybe you would be best to post on the Bulgaria forum!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bulgaria or turkey ?

OOPS - I did mean to say Bulgaria (Golden Sands) hopefully you will get some feedback from others.

Swansea, Wales
Level Contributor
340 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bulgaria or turkey ?

Transfer time from Bourgas to Sunny Beach is 30-40 minutes not 3 hours. Did you mean Sunny Beach from Varna?

We love Bulgaria too, although we did go to Turkey this Summer :)

As previously mentioned it all depends what you're looking for in a holiday.

Lots of useful info on this forum.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bulgaria or turkey ?

I did mean to say Sunny Beach from Varna could mean a 3 hour transfer!

manchester
Level Contributor
407 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bulgaria or turkey ?

i love both , i find the turks a bit friendlier & turkey is hotter , however the journey to bulgaria is far more pleasant, there is no hassle & everythings at least half the price you pay in turkey , give it a go im sure you will like it .

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,639 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bulgaria or turkey ?

I agree with mancnic turks are alot friendlier and the weather is better, but i also love Bulgaria as it is half the price and better beaches

9. Re: bulgaria or turkey ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 20:22