We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wizz Air

Ipswich
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
Wizz Air

Hi I have been reading some poor reviews about Wizz Air. Has anyone flown with them recently in the last month or 2, if so what was your experience? Flying out to SB Wednesday.

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wizz Air

flew back with wizz air last saturday ... going was fine but coming home had a nearly 4 hour delay never found out the reason....all in all I found them ok..... but the online booking is a bit of a pain as it won't let you print off your return if its over 7 days, so had to find a internet cafe out there to do the return flight.... number one tip though...GET PRIORITY BOARDING because if you have a busy flight, its every man for themselves

Ipswich
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wizz Air

Hi jimk1955, thanks for your reply. Yes I noticed I couldn't print out the return boarding passes, we have got friends in SB so can use their computers but was wondering what happens if you are travelling somewhere without access to computers assume you would just have to check in at airport for a fee. Nuisance about the delay, I am just hoping my bags don't get lost as have read reports this happens a lot! Have got priority boarding thankfully, do they have 2 queues like Ryan Air?

Kilmarnock, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
1,771 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wizz Air

Yeah, you can get your boarding cards at the airport with wizz have you can't print them but it does cost like everything else. Most of your internet cafe's have printers and only charge 0.50 - 1lv for printing. I've travelled with wizzair backwards and forwards over the last couple of years and have only experienced a delay once and that was last october and we were delayed 12 hours but they put us up in a hotel for the night - but our delay was due to a bird strike.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
459 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wizz Air

Hi

Traveled with Wizz a few times over the years BUT noticed this year there prices have gone sky high so use Balkan Now.

Ipswich
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wizz Air

Hi Stef & Maverick, thanks for your replies. Hopefully they will be ok, we actually managed to get a really good deal with Wizz, seemed to good to be true really, £180 pp, I had been looking basically everyday as prices were changing & managed to book it at the right pricece for a change. The problem for us with Balkans is they always stop at Exeter on the way back making it a pretty long journey, so I try not to use them. Thats flying from GW though which is near for us. Its funny as I read some ok reports about Wizz on this forum but when I googled them, the reviews were awful, pot luck I spose.

Kilmarnock, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
1,771 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wizz Air

Wizzair flights are always busy as you gets loads of Bulgarian's heading home for the weekend etc. We've never really had a problem with the plane or the staff our only problem has ever been a 12 hour delay coming back the way last year in October because of bird strikes at Burgas Airport.

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
83 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wizz Air

I have flown with wizz air for a few years now, latest being end of july this year.

Never had any problems, always on time (give or take 5 mins or so) staff really friendly, planes clean and tidy, never had any problems with lost luggage etc.

only downside is the food on board can be quite expensive. £4 for a pot noodle isnt the greatest bargain ive ever had! lol. But you can take your pwn food and drink on board (liquids bought after security)

Have a great holiday

Ipswich
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wizz Air

hi thanks for your reply, i hope we r as lucky as u have been. Now on the way to luton which again i have heard horror stories, never mind, in less than 12 hours we will b in sunny beach (hopefully),lol. Thanks again. Mandy

England
Level Contributor
93 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wizz Air

Flew from Luton to Varna at the end of last month. Delayed an hour and a half outbound, and an hour inbound. Also, left for ages on the bus at Varna airport in heat (one lady almost passed out!)

Having said that, I would still use as they are the only airline which fly direct to Varna.The planes are new and the staff friendly.

Definitely pay for extra leg-room if you can, this also gets you priority boarding.

Ipswich
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wizz Air

well so far so good, luton airport is fine, checked in ok, no delays as yet, almost there, if me cases arrive wiv me in bulgaria, then can't fault wizz air(at the moment)

Get answers to your questions about Sunny Beach
Recent Conversations