We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to visit Nessebar

Which Sunny Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
186 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to visit Nessebar

Staying at the Globus SB, what's the best way to get to Nessebar ie; bus, train, ferry? Many thanks in advance peeps :o)

Perthshire
Level Contributor
292 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to visit Nessebar

Hi BeanieBabe

If you walk up to the main street you can get a bus to Nessebar for 1Lev or you can take the Noddie train from the Alba Hotel but you will have to use two of them to get all the way to Nessebar and cost was 3Leva each on each train.

Total of 24Leva by train or 4Leva by bus, round trip.

Cheers

Allan

Nuneaton, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
7,744 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to visit Nessebar

Easiest and cheapest is to get the bus at the top of flower street. For the sum of 1 lev each it puts you off at the harbour/old castle walls, which is the entrance to old Nessebar.

Staffs
Destination Expert
for Bulgaria, Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
2,672 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to visit Nessebar

It is also worth a trip to St Vlas which is at the other side of the bay. The bus is one lev the same as Nessibar.

Worth going in the evening for some food. Also eat in Nessibar...the Old Town has some very good restaurants over looking the sea.

Best,

Paul

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to visit Nessebar

as said 1 lev on the bus. i went there by bus but it was like a cattle trailor to be honest. people were packed in somthing shocking. we managed to get a seat but very rude people thought nothing of standing touching against you, no were else to go for some but some just plain rude. got sea taxi back... ok more expensive at 20 lev for 2 but was nice and dropped us at the pier sunny beach were the bungee ball was bottom of flower st i believe.......

hope to try st vlas this year as didnt get chance to last year and i hear its really nice also. 1 week wasnt enough last year so booked for two this year to see more i hope. cant wait..

Kilmarnock, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to visit Nessebar

I would agree taking the bus to Nessebar is the cheapest way to get through to Nessebar, yes the buses are busy as most Bulgarian's will us the bus to travel due to the cost element and how frequently they run. But really this is no different to most of London using the tube where you're crammed in like sardines.

You can take the sea taxi from the pier just opposite the back door of the globus but as other posters have said it is a bit dearer, but it gives you a different view of the resort.

You could also grab the mini train from outside the Hotel Alba to the south of the resort and walk up to the Fiesta Panorama in New Nessebar and take the mini train along the back of New Nessebar to the gates of Old Nessebar.

All are really good ways to see the different areas.

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to visit Nessebar

is the sea taxi back as it was not their 2 years ago

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way to visit Nessebar

yea i was on it last august. was a nice trip for 20 leva for the 2 of us

Athlone, Ireland.
Level Contributor
155 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best way to visit Nessebar

I have been going to Sunny Beach for about 25 years now and generally just walk from SB to Nessebar...It is a lovely walk taking about 35 minutes and you can always stop off for a drink or a coffee along the way...I usually do the return journey along the beach....The bus is the best way to get there if walking is not your thing and it only costs 1 lev....It can be crowded but nothing to worry about if you are alert to whats happening around you...

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Best way to visit Nessebar

Last year we got on the bus at the wrong side of the road in sunny beach on flower street and it dropped us at the very back of sunny beach instead of Nessebar lol.. (It was coming back from Nessebar) Very stupid i know but it was only our 2nd day there and was still finding our bearings plus the bus said Nessebar on. As we were lost we had to get a taxi which cost 30 lev.(£15)

But coming back we walked all the way along the sea front paddling our feet in the sea which was very nice, you will find your self on a nudist beach for about 5-10 mins of the walk. Think it took us around 45 mins to get back to the main strip were the bunjee ball is.

10. Re: Best way to visit Nessebar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2013, 09:48
Get answers to your questions about Sunny Beach