We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to change currency in sunny beach?

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to change currency in sunny beach?

I am travelling with english money and changing it when I get there, could someone please recomend the best places with the best rates in sunny beach so I can go get it changed as soon as I get there?

Thanks

Kilmarnock, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
1,771 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to change currency in sunny beach?

I wouldn't change everything at once as the rate can vary from day to day, the best places to change moneyy are crown change desk, string change desks or the banks.

Remember and take clean, unmarked and undamaged sterling bank notes and try and stick to £10 and £20

Bolton
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to change currency in sunny beach?

We have just arrived home PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not be tempted by the higher rates on offer at some exchanges. We saw first hand a young women getting ripped off.

We exchanged at Crown and got a rate of 2.35. Theirs loads of these dotted about but we prefferd to use the one on flower street as it was a proper shop.

Burgas, Bulgaria
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bansko
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to change currency in sunny beach?

Crown have around 80 outlets in the area, some are shops, some in Hotel receptions, some in little booths, all are run by the same company and are equally fine, no need to go to the one that`s a shop.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
459 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to change currency in sunny beach?

As stated so many times before in the forum, DONT use any other exchange booths than Crown !!!!! or the Banks. If taking English notes make sure they are not marked or ripped or they wont accept. Sorry Guys but Scottish notes don't get the same rate as English notes so better to exchange at home. Do a search at the top of this page for advice.

5. Re: Best place to change currency in sunny beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Sunny Beach