We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM Machines

kent
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
ATM Machines

i will be using my FX currency card at the atms in sunny beach is there any atm machines that will not charge me for using them, i know i will pay a charge to FX just need a free atm if there is such a thing.

thanks

lee

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
459 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATM Machines

Hi

Think you will find there is no such thing as a FREE machine. It's the financial institutions that charge ie visa mastercard and FX etc

kent
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ATM Machines

Many thanks for your answer wasn't sure if the main banks charged you for using there machines

Lee

Burgas, Bulgaria
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bansko
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATM Machines

some do , check with your uk card issuer before you go, they will be able to tell you if they have arrangements in place with any banks here for using the atm free

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: ATM Machines

i see thomas cook do a card now for hols however they also charge each time you withdraw. dont no wots best. english money and change it each day. use halifax card and withdraw every other day who also charge a fee. or the thomas cook hol card.

wots everyone else do or advise please. 4 weeks to go and counting so cant wait,

South Shields
Level Contributor
722 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ATM Machines

I have just got back and used my card numerous times in Sunny beach at Alpha bank and the charges were minimal. Pence minimal

North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
7,121 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ATM Machines

Most cards charge per transaction, so we usually withdraw the maximum amount of 400leva each time.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,653 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ATM Machines

Halifax clarity credit card does not charge for withdrawing money, only a small interest charge when you get your bill, you can also draw out 800 levs with this card

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ATM Machines

^^^ seconded on the Halifax Clarity, I got one a month ago specifically because it doesn't have any charges on overseas transactions.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
164 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ATM Machines

For those with clarity card, can you remember how long it took after signing the credit agreement for the card to arrive. Starting to think I left it a bit late, applied last week and sent the agreement back when it arrived a few days later (a week ago) but fly out on the 29th and not sur that'll give enough time for card to be printed, etc.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
59 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ATM Machines

You should have it, sure mine came within a week of signing for it,

Get answers to your questions about Sunny Beach