We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First visit

Ireland
Level Contributor
190 posts
146 reviews
Save Topic
First visit

I am just back from my first visit to sunny Beach and it won’t be my last. I would like to say thanks to all the trip Advisor members who took the time to respond to my queries and I found the reviews on the Forum very helpful.

We stayed at the Poseidon Apts (which along with the restaurants we tried, I have reviewed elsewhere on the site) The Poseidon was at one end of the resort, but there were lots of restaurants, bars and money changing facilities between the Apts and the centre of the resort at Flower St.

The long promenade was great for walking. From one end to the other took us 45 minutes or so. Most places do not take credit cards, but some restaurants and the big supermarkets do.

The resort was very clean, Prom swept every morning and bins emptied. People in shops bars and restaurants vey friendly and spoke excellent English. Great for us as the Bulgarian language with its different letters looks very complicated to master. However, we did learn please and thank you, which, along with a smile go a long way. We look forward to a return trip.

Nuneaton, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
7,906 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First visit

So glad to read another favourable report and it would appear another convert to Bulgaria.

Locals really do appreciate people trying to speak their language no matter how little so good on you.

Staffs
Destination Expert
for Bulgaria, Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First visit

The OP said

' However, we did learn please and thank you, which, along with a smile go a long way. '

This is so true in Bulgaria. A smile goes a long way in BG !

Best,

Paul

North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
7,237 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First visit

Thanks for your report EllieK. Good to hear that you have tried out a little of the language,

4. Re: First visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Sunny Beach
Recent Conversations