We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunny Beach or Gumbet???!! - Lads Holiday

Which Sunny Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
J C
Manchester
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sunny Beach or Gumbet???!! - Lads Holiday

Hello... looking to get some information about Sunny Beach and Gumbet for a 2 week lads hol!

I've done some research myself and getting some mixed reviews.

I haven't been to Sunny Beach or Gumbet before so I was hoping to get some honest opinions of both places. (dont be afraid to post any bad comments too!!)

We are looking for a place that has a decent nightlife but it doesnt have to be Ibiza scale of nightlife, but also looking for somewhere where we can chill out for the odd day, nice beaches, close by places to visit.

We are trying to keep down the cost so that we can get more poeple in our group to come, so if there is somewhere else other than Sunny Beach and Gumbet feel free to suggest those too!! Cheers!

Newcastle
Level Contributor
58 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunny Beach or Gumbet???!! - Lads Holiday

Hi JC

Ive been to both in the last year and would say the nightlife is Sunny Beach would be more suitable to a group of lads, Sunny Beach much cheaper too as you can still get a pint for 1 lev (40p). If you do go to Sunny Beach you'd be much better off self catering as the food outside of the hotels is cheap and of a much better quality than if you went half board.

Drop me a line if you want any more info.

LIW
Manchester
Level Contributor
161 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunny Beach or Gumbet???!! - Lads Holiday

Hi J C

I have been to both Gumbet and Sunny Beach, i enjoyed both, the nightlife in Gumbet is good although on a small strip(Bar Street), Gumbet is much more expensive than Sunny Beach for food and drinks.

Sunny Beach is a bigger resort with much more nightlife, with nicer beaches.

Didnt visit the night clubs in either so cant cant comment.

Laura

J C
Manchester
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunny Beach or Gumbet???!! - Lads Holiday

Thanks both!!

You mention a nicer beach in Sunny Beach, from the pictures and some reviews on websites, it looks like its just full of umbrellas and that the sea and sand is dirty?

I guess some people's idea of dirty is different to others but what did you think?

you recommend any other destinations for a lads hol that isn't the standard... Ibiza, Magaluf, Malia etc....

Nuneaton, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
7,718 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunny Beach or Gumbet???!! - Lads Holiday

Sea certainly isn't dirty and neither is the sand which is cleaned. Is over 7km long and includes nudist part.

Nightlife is not an issue in SB, which is the largest resort in Bulgaria and I post links to various sites to look at.

http://www.sunny-beach-bulgaria.com/

disco.bg/en/search_results_en.php?city_id=224

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rztmHsKPN8w

You also need to know SB is the cheapest destination in Europe but I would defo recommend B&B or SC as food is varied and cheap, hotel food is only so,so.

Staffs
Destination Expert
for Bulgaria, Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
2,368 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunny Beach or Gumbet???!! - Lads Holiday

I suggest you do a little reseach on You Tube about Sunny Beach. Use the key words 'nightlife Sunny Beach Bulgaria' and also try 'cacao beach'.

The sea and sand are not dirty - the beaches are fine.

If you want a cheap holiday spend with rocking nightlife SB is your destination.

I know I am biased but a group of lads will have a great time. Good nightlife / cheap beer / hot weather and very pretty girls.

Best,

Paul

Ipswich
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunny Beach or Gumbet???!! - Lads Holiday

Beaches and sea re def not dirty in sb, far cleaner than many european destinations, yes there can be a lot of sun beds and umbrellas on the busy beaches but there r also quieter areas.

Edited: 30 January 2013, 14:23
Tees Valley
Level Contributor
11,298 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunny Beach or Gumbet???!! - Lads Holiday

I agree with the others on this JC, we went to S/B for the first time last year and although my clubbing days are long past, I could see it is a brilliant place for a great, chill out holiday for a group of lads.

I've been to most of the areas like Magalluf, Laganas (Zante), Benidorm, Ibiza, Turkey and looking round I could see that S/B competes for all but the most fussy and serious clubber. Ok so it's not got the high end clubs like San Antonio and Maga but there's a really vibrant scene right along the Prom and Flower Street with some of the cheapest prices for food and drink you'll get anywhere.

Didn't see any trouble either when we were there.

The beach is lovely, good lively waves and water sports. Nice laid back atmosphere. Your money will go twice as far there for sure!

Jules

J C
Manchester
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunny Beach or Gumbet???!! - Lads Holiday

Thanks again for all the replies! Nice to know that there can be quiter beaches to help recover from those hangovers!!

I have checked out so many of the videos on youtube and that is what attracted me to SB in the first place.

Are the majority of tourist that go to SB english? I mean i dont expect it all to be just English whilst in another country but in many of the other "common" holiday destinations there is a large % of British. Again it was just comments I had read where there wasn't alot of British and also that the British aren't really liked, standard "Brits Abroad!!"

Darlington
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunny Beach or Gumbet???!! - Lads Holiday

I would say there is a varied mix of all nationalities, swedish, german, russian, brits, etc, have never noticed more of one than others, although lots of the hotels in SB may be mainly used by one nationality (for example one hotel Ive stayed in 3 times was popular with a German travel agent) and the next one Ive booked is popular with Swedish people. In fact, you will find that Brits are very much liked by the Bulgarians as we tend to be more polite (just from my own observations) and we like to spend our cash :D Lots of people last year were saying there were lots of Russians in the resort (I didnt notice a massive amount compared to people from other countries) and that the Russians dont like to part with their money :) My advice is, treat people the way you would like to be treated, some staff at the hotels are used to demands from other nationalities and can be quite frosty at first, but a smile, please and thank you goes a long way! (Again from my own observations) I advise you to book your hol, go and have a wicked time and make your own opinions, then more than likely you will be giving advice to all the first timers going over for next year!!

Edited: 30 January 2013, 18:16
10. Re: Sunny Beach or Gumbet???!! - Lads Holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2014, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Sunny Beach