We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wizz Air Luggage allowance

derbyshire
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Wizz Air Luggage allowance

Hi

Can anyone help me please?

I have booked flights to Bulgaria with wizz air. We are a family of 4 and I have paid for 2 suitcase but it is not very clear on what our luggage allowance is. I have found some information saying its 32kg for each case. Is this correct?

Also we have opted to check in online (never done this before) is it quire straight forward? I haven't a clue what we do when we get to the airport???

Any information would be more than great fully received.

Thank you

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wizz Air Luggage allowance

32 kilo per case, I went through last year at 32.4 kilos with no problem :)

On-line check-in is the best option, just print out your boarding passes, take them with you and present them at the gate.

Nuneaton, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
7,906 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wizz Air Luggage allowance

Here is the Wizz Air baggage page.

wizzair.com/en-GB/useful_information/baggage

Doncaster
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wizz Air Luggage allowance

32 kg is correct, we always take 1 case for 2 people. Make sure your carry on bag is not too big or you will be charged.

Doncaster
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wizz Air Luggage allowance

Your on line check I can be done 30 days before your flight, so you can also print off your return checkin documents before you go, unless of course you are there for more than 30 days, then you have to source internet with a printer while you are out there.

Ipswich
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
3,566 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wizz Air Luggage allowance

Thi checking in on line is pretty straight forward, you shouldnt have any problems. Yes 32kg is the limit per case, very generous, hand luggage is 5kg unless you have paid extra to increase this to 10kg. You do hear horror stories abiut wizz but I have flown with them numerous times now and have never had a problem and have found them great.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wizz Air Luggage allowance

Yes very generous. Except of course, you used to be able to select a cheaper option (about £9 a few short years ago) and just take the standard 20 kilos. Dear old Wizz thought that was far too complicated a system for us thicko customers to be able to handle though and decided to streamline and simplify things, to make it much more simple for us. So now the only choice is the expensive option.

Isn't it great when us thickos have people like Wizz looking out for our interests, makes our life so much easier.

Hand luggage is always 10 kilos with Wizz incidentally (not 5 kilos), Mandmit. It's just the size that alters.

Edited: 07 April 2014, 20:56
derbyshire
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Wizz Air Luggage allowance

Thank you for all your replies. You have all been a big help. :-)

derbyshire
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Wizz Air Luggage allowance

Thank you for all your replies. You have all been a big help. :-)

Staffs
Destination Expert
for Bulgaria, Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
3,598 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wizz Air Luggage allowance

Worth noting as well that HL is limited to 42x32x25cm unless you pay a fee to upgrade to 56x45x25cm. Most standard cases or bags are in excess of 42x32x25cm that Whizz Air allows you take on board for free.

Best,

Paul

Burgas, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
763 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Wizz Air Luggage allowance

There is now a person at the start of the check in at Luton who checks your hand luggage, very tight on the size, you will get a label put on it if it the correct size, if its not you will have to pay for it when you get to the check in desk.

Get answers to your questions about Sunny Beach
Recent Conversations