We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Health warning for Varna

Dej, Cluj, Romania
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Health warning for Varna

I have just seen a Travel Advisory Notice from the Romanian Foreign ministry that states there is acontamination of the sea water with hepatitis A virus. Does anybody know if this is true or is just media speculation?

Thanks,

North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
7,238 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Health warning for Varna

It seems that there is a problem at 'Officers Beach', Varna. This report from BG Novinite news: http://www.novinite.com/articles/161846/%27Officers%27%27+Beach+in+Varna+To+Remain+Closed+At+Least+Till+Monday

Dej, Cluj, Romania
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Health warning for Varna

Thanks! Media presente this case as all the beaches are/will be infested. I am travelling to Golden Sands in a couple of weeks and I was worried hearring this news.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
1,959 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Health warning for Varna

in the passed when my children have spent a lot of time swimming in the sea at golden sands they have become ill when they did not swim in the sea and stayed to the hotel pool they were not ill not saying its the sea it could have been something else do not know for sure its just the way it was but saying that some people seem to think that the sea is a toilet i have seen this to ofton but i am sure you will be fine just dont drink the sea water

4. Re: Health warning for Varna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Golden Sands
Recent Conversations