We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi from Kamloops to Sun Peaks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
taxi from Kamloops to Sun Peaks

We are visiting family elsewhere in BC and travelling by bus from there to Kamloops. The shuttle charges a $15 per person premium on top of airport pick up to pick up at the bus depot. Does anyone know how much a taxi would cost from Kamloops bus depot to Sun Peaks?

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
562 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi from Kamloops to Sun Peaks

I would tend to guess that going by taxi would not be cheap. It is about a 45 minute drive depending on weather.

Found this link.

canadawestcoach.com/sunpeaks_ski_shuttle.html

Didn't know that it was around. The first two pickups are the closest to the bus depot. You might need to do a little planning to get to those spots. Taxi would be quite cheap as they are about 5 minutes driving.

Hope this helps :0)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi from Kamloops to Sun Peaks

Thanks Mooseboy. Unfortunately our bus gets in about 11:30 so would be too late for that shuttle but it is sure good value for someone if the timing worked. There are three of us travelling in January so I'll keep looking!

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
562 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi from Kamloops to Sun Peaks

Phoned a local cab company today. One way to Sunpeaks would be about $115 > yikes.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi from Kamloops to Sun Peaks

Thanks Mooseboy. That was very kind.

For three people $115 is still cheaper than the shuttle. The shuttle is $38 per person from the airport and an extra $15 per person for the bus depot and it says they MAY pick up from the bus depot on some runs! So, when we get to Canada I'll ring and book a cab!

Thanks again for your help.

Victoria
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi from Kamloops to Sun Peaks

Hi there,

Were you able to hunt down any alternative transfers from Kamloops to Sun Peaks?

I'm having hte same problem!

I'm a single traveler from ASU - Vic and my bus arrives in Kamloops at about 6:30 in the evening, so i miss the last ride up to Sun Peaks.

If you have any tips, i would really appreciate any help!

Regards,

Jennifer

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi from Kamloops to Sun Peaks

Hi

I don't know what time the last shuttle goes from sun peaks but you may be able to get them to collect you from the bus depot. The cost would be $15 on top of the shuttle cost.

If you don't have your accommodation booked for that first night at Sun Peaks you might be better staying in Kamloops and getting the other shuttle that Mooseboy mentioned in his posting. It goes in the morning and was much cheaper than the resort shuttle.

If you have your accommodation booked then you probably will need to look at the resort shuttle.

With three of us it is cheaper to get a taxi.

Good luck.

7. Re: taxi from Kamloops to Sun Peaks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 23:19
Get answers to your questions about Sun Peaks