We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations on lodging/restaurants in Baddeck

Denver, Colorado
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Recommendations on lodging/restaurants in Baddeck

We're planning a trip to Baddeck in June and would like some recommendations on places to stay (pref an inn with cottage options). Also restaurant recommendations would be great too. We've heard most of the restaurants are pretty bad so are considering renting a place with a kitchen hoping there are some good fish markets to choose from. Any suggestions?

Halifax
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations on lodging/restaurants in Baddeck

Hello ilikemtns,

My name is Fiona and I work with Tourism NS.

How many people are traveling in your party, as this will limit the options available? There are quite a few possible options in Baddeck so I would suggest checking out our website www.novascotia.com which has the list of accomodations and has brief descriptions of the properties. Here is the list of cottages in the area for you as most have kitchens: http://tinyurl.com/yay3yhc

If you need any assistance or need to make reservations you can also call us seven days a week at 1-800-565-0000.

Hope this helps

Fiona :)

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,422 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations on lodging/restaurants in Baddeck

Dear ilikemtns:

Now that you have endeared yourself to the people of Baddeck by reporting that you have 'heard most of the restaurants are pretty bad' :), you can check out the website www.baddeck.com which has listing of lodging choices including those with cottages. You should also order a copy of the Doer's and Dreamer's Guide from Nova Scotia Tourism at www.novascotia.com which is a great guide to the province, with specific sections devoted to the areas of the province.

Denver, Colorado
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations on lodging/restaurants in Baddeck

I wasn't trying to be rude with my comment about the restaurants. That's basically a summary of what others have said on Trip Advisor and elsewhere about Baddeck. What I was looking for was contrary evidence and information on lcal grocery markets. I haven't gotten anything to that topic so far....

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,422 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations on lodging/restaurants in Baddeck

If you go to the website www.baddeck.com, and look at the heading "business directory' , there is a listing of the businesses in the town. Among the store is Fish Haven - featuring fresh fish, oysters, etc, Victoria Farmer's Co-op where you can purchase groceries as well as other small convenience stores to purchase supplies.

Cape Breton Island...
Destination Expert
for Cape Breton Island
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendations on lodging/restaurants in Baddeck

If you are coming to Cape Breton and want a cottage and want to cook fish, then you should be looking at locations that are near the fishing villages.

In June, on the west coast of Cape Breton is lobster season, so you can buy fresh lobster but lobster needs a big pot and many cottage places don't supply that pot because they don't want the mess and smell that can come with it should you have a pot boil over. Anyway, from Margaree to Pleasant Bay, there are many cottages and there are many restaurants where you'll get lobster dinners for around $20 CDN. WHy cook it yourself ?? We have a lobster pound near us so you can get them cooked and eat them on the beach

Also, I always suggest , get your information but then contact the accommodations owners directly !!!!

6. Re: Recommendations on lodging/restaurants in Baddeck

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Baddeck