We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wine purchases

Cataula
Level Contributor
17 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
wine purchases

We're

traveling from ME through NB, PEI to NS, Baddeck, which we know is dry. Any suggstions as to the best place to buy wine along the way so we don't get stuck in Baddeck with a beautiful balcony with a view and only water with which to celebrate?

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,427 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wine purchases

http://www.mynslc.com/

Above is the link to the Nova Scotia Liquor Commision. Click on store information, put in your location and it will show you the nearest store where you can purchase wine. Unlike the U.S, you can't purchase wine and spirits at grocery stores in Nova Scotia.

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
11,824 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wine purchases

Our liquor laws have changed a bit and most communities have an outlet attached to a convenience store. There is one in Baddeck. They have a limited selection, but do have wine.

On your way there you could stop in Truro where there is a large store with a half decent selection:

http://g.co/maps/4hrgg

This is just a few minutes off the highway.

Cataula
Level Contributor
17 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wine purchases

Thanks for the responses! I can now cross that question off my list. We are so looking forward to this trip!

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: wine purchases

Make sure it is local, Jost is sold in pretty much all stores and make an exellent product. The Marechel Foch is my favourite red and the Habitant Blanc, made from L'Acadie grapes a great white, as is their Muscat.

gxp
Niagara
Level Contributor
2,447 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wine purchases

There is a liquor store in Baddeck:

www.mynslc.com/Pages/storeDetails.aspx…

Cataula
Level Contributor
17 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wine purchases

Great to hear! I read in one of my travel books for N.S. that Baddeck was dry. Maybe things have changed since it was published. Thanks.

Cape Breton
Level Contributor
44 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wine purchases

Baddeck is a 'DRY" community,meaning we don't have any bars/pubs but most restaurants are licenced and there is also a liquor store in town,also there is the Yacht Club and the "Legion' that is open to Members and "GUESTS" also the pub at the Inverary Inn open to "GUESTS"....not so dry

8. Re: wine purchases

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Baddeck