We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cottage for rent by owner with private swimming pool????

Brantford, Canada
Level Contributor
322 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Cottage for rent by owner with private swimming pool????

Hello,

I would like to know if there is anyone out there in Ontario Canada,

who has or knows of cottages that are being rented out in the summer months by the owner , and the cottage has it's own swimming pool??? We are looking to rent one in July for a week , we are a family of five three children myself and husband.

We would like to rent one either in Southwestern Ontario, or in Bruce Peninsula. In the price range of (1,000- 1500) a week, if there is one lower in price that's great too!!

Thanks for all information it is greatly appreciated!

Oh, yeah, and is dog friendly, as we want to bring our dog along!!

Thanks again=)

Edited: 21 December 2009, 19:09
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cottage for rent by owner with private swimming pool????

Hi Sunnyskys3,

LOL...

<< ANYONE out there in Ontario Canada >> well I guess I qualify (Ontario is a REALLY REALLY BIG Place... bigger than most countries... and most of it has water be it the Great Lakes, Rivers, Lakes, Ponds, etc... so I am glad that you've narrowed your region down to either the SW or the Bruce).

I suggest that you GOOGLE - Ontario Cottage Rentals. A whole wack of websites will come up where cottage owners list their private rentals.

I will give you a couple of TIPS though...

1- Ask for References (lots of References).

2- Ask for Photos

3- If you can, have someone you trust visit the Cottage prior to your renting it (photos can be deceiving).

4- Item # 3 is part of the reason that Cottage Rentals thru Real Estate Offices is becoming more popular... it does a lot to protect both the Renter and the Rentee... you can find Real Estate Agents for such services in the towns around Cottage Country... either by searching the Web or in local newspapers.

Good Luck with your search,

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

PS... Gotta ask though... why the pool... isn't that defeating the whole concept of life at the cottage on waterfront?

Brantford, Canada
Level Contributor
322 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cottage for rent by owner with private swimming pool????

Hi, Thanks so much for your info...

Why the pool you ask? Well, I myself like to swim more in a pool then a lake . I also have little ones that would feel alittle more safer in a pool then the open water of a lake.

I do want to be near a beach for sand play, but would like a pool to swim in.

No big fish and other critters to worry about.LOL

Thanks Again!!

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,560 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cottage for rent by owner with private swimming pool????

Here's a nice spot.

http://www.pleasantcove.com/

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cottage for rent by owner with private swimming pool????

Not particularly wanting to single out individual operators but I have to say I have gone to WRD in Haliburton most often and have never been disappointed http://www.ontariocottagerental.com/ - try phoning them rather than just surfing and they may have a match for you.

Brantford, Canada
Level Contributor
322 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cottage for rent by owner with private swimming pool????

thank-you very much for this!

Canada Eh
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cottage for rent by owner with private swimming pool????

we use this company, they are private cottages that are rented out thru an agency.....

www.rentcottage.com

you could also try this one, they are private rentals

http://www.cottageliferentals.com/

here is one more

http://www.cottagerentals.com/default.asp

Edited: 23 December 2009, 02:47
Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
17,936 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cottage for rent by owner with private swimming pool????

Are you looking for a private cottage rental, or a resort to go to? (one that has cottage units and a pool) I'm not up on either private cottage rentals or cottage resorts in Ontario, but I am thinking you may need to re-think your budget. I can't imagine anyone with a private cottage deluxe enough to have a pool renting it for that price, and for commercial accommodation, $1000 for a week works out to $142 per night - for five people and a dog. Hard to find even a decent motel room for five for that price.

Brantford, Canada
Level Contributor
322 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cottage for rent by owner with private swimming pool????

Thanks, we found one with a private pool and beachfront for 1,500wk.

There out there you just need to look hard!!

Thanks for your input!

Canada Eh
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cottage for rent by owner with private swimming pool????

where did you find it please?.....i am always looking for new sites....

10. Re: Cottage for rent by owner with private swimming pool????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2010, 05:17