We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closest to Canada's Wonderland

Which Vaughan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
181 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Closest to Canada's Wonderland

Hi all.... I know this question has been posted a number of times I am sure... But we are planning a vacation to Toronto in July and of course, part of the vacation will be to Canada's wonderland. We are also attending a concert at ACC, going to Toronto Zoo, and hopefully a baseball game. So having said that, What would be the best option for a family of 4... two adults , two children (14 and 11) Decent price, preferably a pool... Oh before i forget... Do ANY of the hotels provide transportation to Canada's Wonderland? silly question i know, but doesn't hurt to ask. I am not sure if we are renting a car yet or not... I would prefer not to so also what is the best option for transporation to venues? I would appreciate any and all input.... Thanks so much...

9 replies to this topic
Markham, Ontario
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Closest to Canada's Wonderland

Its probably best to stay somewhere downtown as most of the activities you'll want to do are in the core. Wonderland is north and a bit west of the city and I would not suggest you stay anywhere up there as you'll need a car and there is not that much tourist stuff to do, although I'm sure it will be cheaper. I am pretty sure that there arent any hotels that offer a ride to wonderland however, transit will get you there and back. The Zoo is at the north east end of the city and the public transit will also get you there. Here is the link for the Toronto Transit Commission http://www.ttc.ca/. Btw, the zoo will be receiving 2 giant pandas on march 25 so its a good time to go, they'll be here for 5 years. Transit here is pretty good. Also would suggest you purchase a City Pass http://www.citypass.com/toronto its a very good deal. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask, I've lived here all my life.

canada
Level Contributor
181 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Closest to Canada's Wonderland

Thanks so much for the info Alarmguy158.... I still have some research to do but this will definitely help... And by the way you may be sorry for your last sentence hahaha You may be bombarded with questions as I come up with them. Just kidding... Thanks again

Markham, Ontario
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Closest to Canada's Wonderland

Hey, no problem, ask away.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Closest to Canada's Wonderland

From downtown, you may want to check out gotransit.com, they have buses that go to Wonderland during the summer....someone also told me that there is a Vaughan Mills mall bus from downtown for free, which would bring you close to Wonderland, but a bus or cab from the Mall would still be needed....

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,923 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Closest to Canada's Wonderland

td's correct that there is a Shopping Shuttle from downtown Toronto to Vaughan Mills...............May 1 - September 30th, this year......from Union Station, twice daily, leaves Union 10 a.m., returns 3 p.m., leaves Union 1p.m., returns 6p.m..............you need to get wristbands on first come, first served basis at the Tour Desk in Union Station.................Vaughan Mills is across the street from Wonderland, but it's a walk.......see site below for more info........

http://www.vaughanmills.com

Edited: 19 March 2013, 11:32
canada
Level Contributor
181 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Closest to Canada's Wonderland

Thank you so much everyone for all your helpful information...this is great. I am by no means a city person so this is going to prove quite the adventure, learning experience...whatever you want to call it for me. ( and my family) I appreciate all the info...

Kenora
Level Contributor
9 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Closest to Canada's Wonderland

hi there, search hotels in Vaughan, I just booked a hotel which is a 4 min drive from Wonderland. Public transit is an option for you as well but after a day of walking, you might just want to get into a car & leave & have a hotel near.

Toronto
Level Contributor
390 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Closest to Canada's Wonderland

In past summers there has been public transit direct to Canada's Wonderland from York Mills subway station (on the Yonge line).

Here's an old press release from TTC announcing the route for the 2011 season.

…toronto.on.ca/archives/…20-more_bus_s.shtml

You may want to check with the TTC later in the spring closer to opening day for the park.

canada
Level Contributor
181 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Closest to Canada's Wonderland

Hi there..

Michelle...it's funny you said that because all along I was looking at the hotels that offer packages with CW tickets but then I started looking at hotels that were closer to CW so that is definitely an option... Thanks CharlieRogers... Will most definitely look into that as well as we won't have a vehicle ... Appreciate it.

Reply to: Closest to Canada's Wonderland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted