We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cavendish Beach Cottages

Which Cavendish hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
near Calgary
13 posts
Save Topic
Cavendish Beach Cottages

Hello,

We're booked in at the Cavendish Beach Cottages in August - Me, my 7 ,9, 12 year olds, and the wife.

Its the most expensive cabin around, but I think the best location. We are from the prairie and are splurging to stay on the ocean for a few days.

Is it worth it?

Is the Anne of Green Gables Musical worth it?

Is Stan Rogers musical worth it?

Thanks folks!

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,421 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cavendish Beach Cottages

Yes, I would recommend the Anne musical. My dad is a PE Islander and we visited there every summer when I was a kid, and I continue to go back every chance I get (generally every second summer). I have very fond memories of seeing the musical a couple of times at Confederation Theatre as a kid, and took my kids to it a few years back, and they loved it too. They had already read all the Anne books, and watched videos of the TV show, so they were already very familiar with the story, but if your kids have not yet read the books, perhaps seeing the musical will spur their interest (although the books might be difficult reading for 7 and 9 y/o, unless they are strong readers.)

Haven't seen the other, so can't comment on it.

The north shore waters are not as warm as south shore, and it can be quite a bit rougher. It may be too late, as you've already booked, but if you're looking for a great beach for kids, I'd recommend the Auchinleck cottages near Bedeque (near Summerside) - <http://www.auchinleck.ca/>. Our family cottage is on that same beach and it is great for kids - at low tide, there are miles of sand bars with shallow little pools between them, and the water gets warmed up when the tide comes in over all those sun-warmed sand bars. It's also away from the touristy part of the Island, and you don't have to pay national park fees ($20 per day) to go to the beach.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
165 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cavendish Beach Cottages

You DO NOT have to pay park fees if you are staying at Cavendish Beach Cottages

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,421 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cavendish Beach Cottages

You're right - but you do have to pay them if you want to go to the beaches in the national park.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
165 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cavendish Beach Cottages

Relax and get ready for a lovely cottage vacation. We have stayed at Cavendish Beach Cottages on and off for the last 19 years. We have no kids however, there are always children having fun on the property. It is pleasantly away from the tourist centre of Cavendish It is the only cottage complex inside the National Park.It is ideally located.Really nice unobstructed views of the sea. When you stay here, you know you are in PEI as the views from your living room and deck are of the sea and the rolling green and red countryside. Peaceful,pleasant, relaxing. We go again this week and are looking forward to having the same tranquil and delightful stay wich we have always had when staying there.

5. Re: Cavendish Beach Cottages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Cavendish