We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa's Woods PEI is awful!

Truro, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Santa's Woods PEI is awful!

Just want to let people know that this is not a great place to visit. It could be a great place to spend with your family if it was not so run down. The staff was unfriendly, when you could find one. The animals did not look healthy. Most of the toys were very old.

They don't even have a park map, when I asked the young girl at the counter said: "over there on the brown wall". The 2 people at the moterized vehicle's spent most of the time agruing over why the machines were not running. The few games they had around were ripped up, and broken.

I should of asked around before we went, anyone we asked after the visit all agreed it was not worth the money. We paid $84.00 for 2 adults, 2 childen (6 and 5) and 2 seniors. After 2 hours we HAD to leave. The money is not going back into the park that's for sure! We looked for websites, brouchers, any other info, but there is nothing to be found on this attraction-now I see why. I wouldn't advertise either.

I am sure that this place may have been nice back in the 80's, but no up keep or updateing has been done to maintain. Please choose carefully, your will be better spending your hard earned money over at the village of Avonlea, there is so much for the kids to be involved with.

I hope this helps just one family! Enjoy your PEI vacation.

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
589 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa's Woods PEI is awful!

In Cavendish, according to my friends kids & their playmates, the best amusement parks are Sandspit & Shining Waters. They cost a little more, but they have alot of rides which most kids seem to enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
Cavendish
Cavendish
Prince Edward Island, Canada
Sandspit Cavendish Beach
Sandspit Cavendish Beach
310 Reviews
Cavendish, Canada
Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa's Woods PEI is awful!

It sounds like the island of misfit toys from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer...

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santa's Woods PEI is awful!

Hi Jemcphee,

Welcome to the CAVENDISH TRAVEL FORUM.

I see you are new to TripAdvisor (by your posting numbers) so a BIG Welcome aboard as well !!

Sorry this turned out so badly for you and your family.

As you may have discovered (sadly too late for this trip) that TripAdvisor works best when you consult BEFORE your visit... when you are in the Trip Planning Stage... that is why the motto is "Know the Truth... Then Go".

Hopefully, you'll do so and be better prepared for your next vacation.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Mentioned in this post
Cavendish
Cavendish
Prince Edward Island, Canada
Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
456 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santa's Woods PEI is awful!

Sorry you had such a bad experience but, as they say, experience is the best teacher. This place was in business when I was a kid under a different name (can't rememebr what it was, that's how long ago since I was a kid LOL) let's just say I'm talking about 20 years before the 80s and you're right, I doubt it's been maintained very well. Hopefully your experice will halp warn others.

Oromocto, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Santa's Woods PEI is awful!

I totally agree, this is the largest waste of money going. My 2 boys ( 3years old) liked it as they did not know any better, but my 9 year old daughter did not have fun and even pointed out that some of the toys were form the dollar store. Had it only cost 40$ versus the 80$ i paid for a family of 5 it might have been worth it. There is really nothing for adults to do to make it worth their while.

UNLESS YOU MAKE LOTS OF MONEY AND DON'T MIND WASTING IT DO NOT GO TO SANTA'S WOODS, IT IS TERRIBLE.

6. Re: Santa's Woods PEI is awful!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 August 2010, 02:24
Markham, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Santa's Woods PEI is awful!

not sure about the 80's but the 90's were just as bad,my husband and i took our 2 kids at the time in 1993,it was awful and tacky they have grown up and moved out .we now have 2 more kids who we took this summer (more as a joke). it was hilarious it was worse than the 1993 visit.best part was the plastic ducks in the pens ,guess the real ones were disgusted and flew away !!!!!!!!!!

Halifax, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Santa's Woods PEI is awful!

Well, I can certainly agree with you on this one. This has to be the worst theme park around. It is badly maintained and dirty. The $75. we spent to get in (3 adults and 2 teens) was certainly not spent on upkeep or updates. The animals (what few live ones they actually had) were in rough shape. I think Santa's reindeer (which were also missing in action) have been stealing their food from them. The toys available for small kids to play with looked like something out of a 1980s rec room. And where the heck was Santa?? And they could have kept their store bought cookie and 5 cent freezie for each kid - that was just embarrassing. If you want a good laugh then visit Santa's Woods but be prepared to pay dearly for it.

Thanks for the laughs,

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Mentioned in this post
Halifax
Halifax
Halifax Region, Canada
Ottawa
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Santa's Woods PEI is awful!

"The animals did not look healthy."

jemcphee:

i'm quite bothered by this statement. With all the negative reviews of this place, It's probably time it closes up shop and stop stealing dollars from unsuspecting tourists. There is no excuse for mistreatment of animals. What animals do they have ? Do you believe they are mistreated or not taken care of, which is the same. I hate to start a witch hunt, however mistreatment of animals is a very serious matter.

Anyone else witnessed unhealthy animals ?

"speak for those who can not speak for themselves"

Regards

Ottawa
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Santa's Woods PEI is awful!

Unfortunately, no one has re- posted any info with regards to animals being in poor health at this commercial establishment.

I certainly hope this is not happening, and can only assume it is not.

Thanks to all who have read this post.

Regards

Get answers to your questions about Cavendish