We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat and visit

Mississauga, Canada
9 posts
Save Topic
Places to eat and visit

We will be visiting PEI in late May and staying in the Cavendish area, please suggest some local seafood places and places of interest.

Joanne

9 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to eat and visit

I hesitate to reply when we haven't actually taken the trip yet - we're a bit later than you - in June. However, have you seen the PEI Tourism website -

http://www.tourismpei.com/index.php3

It has lots of helpful information and we are finding the guide you can order from the website quite useful in our own planning process. Good luck.

Alberton, Canada
Level Contributor
520 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to eat and visit

Fishermans Wharf in North Rustico comes to mind but there are others as well. There are some quaint little resturants all along the Cavendish shore area. If you have time to visit either west or east of this area you will find great food and some amazing beaches that may not be as crowded. Come enjoy!!

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to eat and visit

In late May you will have the beaches to yourself! Unfortunately most of the summer restaurants won't have opened for the season! I recommend "The Pearl" if it's open. It's on the road between Rustico and Cavendish. I also recommend the Dunes in Brackley Beach. I recommend that you call ahead to see if they are open before you go.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to eat and visit

the best restaurants to have sea food are....

Bentley's Restaurant

3 Elm St 1

Woodstock, VT 05091

(802) 457-3232..................

Corner's Inn

Rt 4

Bridgewater Corners, VT 05035

(802) 672-9968........................

Dimick's Choices

398 Main St

Claremont, NH 03743

(603) 542-6701.......................

Curtis All American Restaurant

908 Vt Route 103 S

Chester, VT 05143-8461

(802) 875-6999......................

Tozier's Restaurant

Rr 107

Bethel, VT 05032

(802) 234-9400........................

The Outback of Ludlow

64 Pond St

Ludlow, VT 05149-1031

(802) 228-6688..........................

Edited: 28 May 2011, 08:45
Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,422 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to eat and visit

AnkitJha,

Not sure why you replied as you did. None of the places you listed are even remotely close to where the Original Poster is planning on visiting. They are going to PEI in Canada, not Vermont or New Hampshire in the U.S.

Alberton, Canada
Level Contributor
520 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to eat and visit

I thinkin' you might have to take a vacation to go out to eat if you follow AnkitJha's response!!!!

Edited: 28 May 2011, 22:14
Ontario
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to eat and visit

If you're up for a little drive, I'd recommend stopping by the Prince Edward Island Preserve Company in New Glasgow. It's always on our to do list every year. They have a nice lunch menu and their raspberry cream pie is fantastic. The restuarant doesn't open until May 27th though. The store is also a nice visit. They have some amazing jams, and they make great souvenirs. They also have a garden that nice to take a stroll in if the weather is nice.

For lobster dinners we've also enjoyed going to the New Glasgow Lobter Suppers which is just up the street from here.

Midwest
Level Contributor
842 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Places to eat and visit

Another vote for PEI Preserve Company -- very enjoyable for lunch, and loved the gift shop (souvenir) area.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Places to eat and visit

romantic dinner at Off Broadway in Charlottetown

Edited: 19 June 2011, 20:44
Reply to: Places to eat and visit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cavendish